Thursday, February 17, 2011

This and That Thursday

I have lots of rambling on my mind today.  But, first: a survey! 

Birthplace? Springfield, Ohio
Current Location? Well, right this minute I am in Brownsville, TN, but I live in Barlett, TN.
Hometown? I consider my hometown to be West Liberty, Ohio.  I lived there fore 15.5 years.  AND, I am soooooooooooo excited to go back and visit in 2 weeks!!!
Nationality? American.  Through and through.
Eye Color? Dark Brown.  (Well, I guess brown is dark regardless, but I have been told mine are extra dark.)
Hair Color? Brown.  I think.  :)
Height? 5' 7". If weight is the next question I'm pleading the 5th.
Glasses or contacts? Both.  I usually only wear my contacts, though.
Piercings or tattoos? Two piercings in each ear (used to have a third in one of my ears), and 2 tattooes: one on my foot, and one on my wrist.
Single or taken? HAPPILY taken.
Siblings names (if any)? Jason. And, I have 3 wonderful in-laws: Becky, Karen, and Adam.  :)
Right Handed or Left Handed? Righty tighty.
Any pets? Two very spoiled little girls: Cordi Loo and Bailey Boo. 
Your greatest strength? Love.
Your Weakness? My insecurities, and worrying too much.
Your parents names? Mom and Dad. Duh.

FAVORITES
Favorite color? pink.....and yellow
Favorite flower? Gerbera daisies in bright colors.
Favorite college basketball team? Memphis...duh!
Favorite holiday? CHRISTMAS, and the 4th of July. 
Favorite physical feature on yourself? Oh geez. Don't ask that of a woman that just had a baby.
Your favorite pizza toppings? Pepperoni and mushrooms.
Favorite alcoholic drink of choice? Margaritas.  And, I just had my first one in MONTHS on Valentine's Day!  :)
Favorite guilty pleasure? The Real Housewives of (insert city here).
Your favorite lunch meat? This is a random questions.  Turkey.
Favorite place to eat a romantic dinner? Circa. YUMMO.
Favorite season? Springtime.
Favorite cartoon character? Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
Your favorite food? The bad for me kind.
Favorite Ice cream flavor? Cookies and Cream.
Favorite subject(s) in school? Oh my goodness, I LOVED school, and I miss it like crazy!  I didn't have a favorite subject--I loved them all!  (Yes, I am a HUGE dork.)
Favorite candy? Sour Patch Kids and Runts. 
Favorite breakfast cereal? All the kids ones. I'm going to be in trouble when Grayson starts eating them. Frosted Flakes has the best "post milk" if you know what I'm talking about.
Favorite person in your life? I have more than one. Is that okay? Grayson and David, of course.
Favorite book of all time? The Bible. I know that's cliche but it really is.
Favorite song? I reall really really really like "F-You" by Cee Lo Green.  I never get tired of hearing it, and I always sing it at the top of my lungs!
Favorite place to be? At home, on the couch, cuddling with my hubby and baby.
Your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football!!!
Favorite TV show (Still running or ended)? The Office, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother
Your Favorite number? 17. Our wedding date
Your favorite letter(s) of the alphabet? B.
Favorite fast food restaurant? Subway or Wendys.
What would you consider your favorite T.V. station? Bravo or NBC.
Favorite names for a son? I'll give you one guess.
What about favorite names for a daughter? I'm not saying this one because if I have a daughter next I don't want people taking it before that happens. I know, I know. Ridiculous.
What is your favorite part of your life right now? He's at daycare right now, waiting for his daddy to pick him up.  :)

WHICH DO YOU PREFER
Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla.
Alcoholic or non? Depends on what I'm drinking.
Long relationships or one night stand? Hello marriage?
Scary movies or comedies? Comedies. Scary movies stay with me WAY too long. Like disturbing long.
Short or long hair? Depends on my hormones that day.
Croutons or bacon bits? Bacon Bits
Beach or lake? Beach but I'm not picky, I'll take either one.
Single or Group Dates? I love date nights with David but hanging out with our couple friends makes me pretty happy too!
McDonalds or Burger King? Mickey D's
Pepsi or Coke: Coke.
Starbucks or elsewhere? Star$$s.
Dogs or cats? I'm an animal lover. I'll take either.

DO YOU's
Do you smoke? H-E-C-K no.
Do you sing? I do, but I shouldn't. My poor son.
Do you want to get married? Not again, no.
Do you want children? That should be obvious.
Do you drink? Yup.
Do you like to travel by plane? Sure do. These one word answer questions are BOR-ING.
Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday morning? Def not. Although I know in a few years that will change. If only we could back to the days of Muppet Babies and Pee Wee Herman (yes, I know he's weird but I LOVED this as a kid!)
Do you have a teddy bear? Yep! He's 6 months old.  :)
Do you like thunderstorms? Only if I'm home in my jammies. When I'm not, not so much.
Do you play an instrument? I can play the piano and the French Horn.
Do you think Jesus is great? That is an understatement. Jesus is EVERYTHING.
Do you consider yourself a party person or more apt to stay at home? I like to do both. But my definition of "party" is going out with other couples and having dinner.

HAVE YOU EVER
Have you ever fired a gun? Nope, but David promises he's going to take me to the shooting range someday very soon.
Have you ever loved someone? I have and still do.
Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to? No. I'm perfect .....................
Have you ever get so drunk you don't remember the entire night? No.  I am one of the "lucky" ones that can remember everything I did the next day...UGH.
Have you ever cried for no reason? I'm a woman. Yes.
Have you ever cut your own hair? When I was little, I did.  Twice.  I wasn't allowed to use scissors unsupervised for YEARS.
Have you ever skipped school? College:  Of course.  High School: I did once or twice my Senior Year when I was supposed to be working in the Guidance Office.  I always came back for 3rd period, though!
Have you ever bungee jumped? No. But I really really want to.
Have you ever punched someone? Actually no. But that doesn't mean I have wanted to ...
Have you ever been arrested? Nope.
Have you ever broken into someone's house? Goodness no. Is this the hoodlum quiz I'm taking?
Have you ever participated in a crime without getting caught? Does "vandalizing" someone's house count?  :)

SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE MATURE
What bill do you hate paying the most? My student loan.  It's the worst.
What did you want to be when you were growing up? A teacher, or an ER doctor.
How many colleges did you attend? 4: Union University my Junior Year of High School, UT-Martin for undergrad, MTSU for part of my Master's Degree, and University of Memphis for the rest of my Master's Degree and my doctorate.
What errand/chore do you despise? Grocery shopping. HATE it, and always have.
A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing? Well then it wouldn't be a secret anymore now would it?
How many joints pop when you get out of bed in the morning? If you know the answer to this question you are FAR too awake when you get out of bed.
What do you get every time you go into a Wal-Mart? I puposely don't go to Wal-Mart.  I avoid it at all costs. 
What are your views on marriage? Best thing I've ever done in my life. Next to having a baby.
What Hollywood star do you think resembles you best? I've been told (prebaby days) that I look like Katie Holmes during her Dawson's Creek days.
Who from high school would you like to run into? Lori or Matt.  My 2 best friends from that life.
Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? Staying, when I knew it was long over.
How do you want to die? Peacefully. In my sleep would be great.
What do you want to achieve in life? To be a wonderful mother and wife.
At this point in life, would you rather start a new career or relationship? A new career.  I am committed to the Mister "til death do us part".
Number of drugs you have taken? 1, besides prescriptions.
What are your first thoughts upon waking up? I can't wait to go love on my little man!
What goal would you like to achieve this year? LOSE THIS BABY WEIGHT! I'm on my way, 10 more pounds!
Who would you like to see right now? my boys.  And my niece and nephew.
Are you still friends with your ex's? Nope.  It's for the best.  My 3 ex's were not nice people. 
What books are you reading (if any)? I don't have time to read right now!  But, I have a half-finished book on my Nook called "Lay the Favorite."
What song best describes your love life? 1-2-3-4 by Plain White T's

SOME RANDOM QUESTIONS
What do you want when you are sick? To not be sick anymore. Duh.
What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? Cosmo Radio on SiriusXM
Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? Strangest question I've ever been asked is more like it ...
What country would you most like to visit? I'd love to go to Austrailia or anywhere in Europe.
How many pillows do you sleep with? 3
What is the best way you document your life? BLOG IT!

WHAT'S THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU HEAR.... Love and Romance... my hubby.
Music... iPod
School... finally graudated!
Politics... Drama
The internet... Time-Waster


Okay, back to my random thoughts:
  • I heard something on the radio yesterday that surprised me: The average length a man and a woman are together before they get engaged is 3 years.  I heard that, and then I realized, David and I haven't even known each other for 3 years!!!  I have always realized that we have definitely had a whirlwind romance....I just didn't realize that it was a quick as it was!  :) 
    We met on April 19, 2008, but really didn't get to hang out and know each other until a week later at my birthday party:

    We dated for about 9 months or so, and were engaged on March 7, 2009. 

    We planned our dream wedding for October 17, 2009:

    A short 6 weeks later, in November 2009, we became pregnant with our first child:

    And we welcomed Grayson Emmit into the world on August 12, 2010:

  • Grayson seems to really be enjoying daycare, which David and I are thrilled about.  He stayed home from school on Tuesday because he wasn't feeling well after his flu shot on Monday.  When I took him back to school yesterday, he smiled and smiled--I could tell he was excited to see everyone!  And, his teachers are just GREAT.  I love love love that he is in such good hands during the day, and we are so blessed to have found FICCC! 
  • We have finally gotten into a bit of a routine each night, where David, Grayson, and I can all sit down and eat dinner together.  Usually, David and I try to find time to eat between loving on Grayson and getting him ready to bed.  But, we decided that we wanted to try to have all of us spend some together time around the dinner table, especially because it was something that we had both done as children.  Grayson has been sitting in his high chair, eating his baby food or his MumMums and playing with his pacifier.  It's been sooooooooooooooooooooo nice to have some quiet time as a family!  :)
  • Speaking of Grayson and eating, the doctor told us to go ahead and start feeding him 2nd step foods--I am so excited for him to expand what he can eat!  I went to the store on Tuesday evening, and I picked up yogurt, mac and cheese, fruit and oatmeal blends, and some meats!  Dr. Catherine also said that, once he gets proficient at his pincer grasp, then he will be able to eat the same foods we do!  He will be so happy to be able to eat table food--he always tries to grab everything off our plates!
  • We are gearing up for our trip to Ohio at the end of the month--I couldn't be more excited!!!  As it gets closer, I start thinking more and more about how long it's been since I have been back in my hometown.  I can't wait!  :)
  • David and I have some big plans in the works (that I don't want to talk about right now in fear of jinxing us), and we have been having some pretty serious conversations lately.  It's all good news, I promise!  Anyway, all of these talks have had me wondering: When did I become a grown-up?  I just stop and think sometimes, "Wow, I'm a wife.  And a MOM.  And, I have a big-girl job!  When did this happen?!"  I think it's hit me especially hard this winter because I am not in school for the first time in almost 5 years.  School has been all I have known for so long, and it has a way of making you feel like you're not in the "real world" yet, even when you work at the same time.  Now that I'm not in school, I don't have that shelter anymore!
Well, I guess that's all for now.  I will do my best to get some new pictures of Grayson on here soon.  He is such a fun kid, and I spend most of my nights loving on him...and I forget to take pictures!  As always, thanks for checking in on us.  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment