

Show has once again arrived in Memphis, and, once again, I am annoyed. (You can't really see it in the pictures, but you can tell how much it has snowed in about an hour.) I should be loving the snow...its so pretty, and its so peaceful when its falling. Unfortunately, the timing of the snow is horrible.
The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough in our house. I've only been able to work 3 days this month between the miscarriage and surgery, David and Grayson being sick, and then me coming down with what appears to be the flu. If you don't already know, I don't get paid when I don't work...and, I have a certain number of hours I have to work each month. So, on the days that I stay home, that just means I'll have to make up my hours later in the month. Basically, when it snows, I can't enjoy it because I'm stressing out about how in the world I'm going to make up my hours.
I don't mean to always complain. I mean, I am blessed that I have a job...especially since my boss has been sooooooo understanding of everything that has gone on. It doesn't make working on the weekends any easier, though. :)
As I sit here writing this, the snow is falling, the ground is covered in white, and the streets are starting to be covered, too. I am hanging out with one of my clients, watching it snow out the window. David picked Grayson up from daycare since they closed early, and I am trying to get in as many hours as I can today. I am actually enjoying times like this...it brings some excitement and variety. Ha!
Speaking of daycare, Grayson seems to love it so far. He doesn't smile when we drop him off like he used to at Parents' Day Out...but, I think that's because he's not used to being out and about so early. :) We can tell that his teachers really love him, and we are so comfortable with leaving him there. What a blessing that is...that we found a daycare that is as good as Grayson's is.
We are looking forward to making a trip to Ohio at the end of the month. I am excited for all of my family to meet Grayson. And, I am really looking forward to seeing my grandparents. It will be so nice to show David the town that I grew up in, and for him to really spend some time with my extended family. I am just praying that it doesn't snow so we can make it up there!
Everything else is going smoothly, I guess. As good as it can go after the weeks that we have had. David and I are doing alright...we still feel sad, and a lot of times the sadness just hits us out of nowhere. We both know that time will heal our hearts, though, and our little one will never be forgotten.
We thank each of you for your prayers, and we love you all. As always, thanks for checking in on us!