Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things have calmed down quite a bit since earlier this week, and I am so grateful for the chance to take a few minutes to just breathe.

Grayson came home from the doctor Thursday with a nifty machine that we use to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours.  Thankfully, he tested negative for RSV.  The doctor wanted to use the albuterol to address his wheezing, though.  They gave him a treatment in the office, and I gave him one before bed.


He woke up yesterday morning smiling and happy--acting like he felt great!  I definitely notice that he isn't coughing nearly as much.  Thank goodness!  The only down side is that the treatments make him pretty sleepy, so he has spent quite a bit of time cuddling with Mommy and napping.

With Grayson being sick but still being so happy, I decided to look through some of the pictures from when I was little.  My mom tells me that I used to be the same way.  David loves this picture.  He calls it my "snot-nose picture."  I think that maybe Grayson looks a little like his mommy...

David still isn't feeling well, but I did manage to get him to go to the doctor Thursday.  The doctor said that he just has a cold, and sent him home with instructions to take tylenol and NyQuil.  Unfortunately, having a cold can sometimes make you feel worse than having the flu...I think that's the point that David is at right now.  Hopefully, with some good sleep and not having to work, he will be on the mend very soon.

Jarrett came home from the hospital Thursday, and we are all so thrilled.  According to my brother, "He is definitely feeling better than he did when he was at home previously."  And, during a follow-up visit with the pediatrician yesterday morning, he was able to get his 2 month vaccinations!  YAY!!  That means that he is up to date on all his shots, and, HOPEFULLY, is over the hospital...for now.  He will have a follow-up with the surgeon (and will hopefully come away with a plan for surgery to correct his Hutchison's Disease) in the next couple weeks.  Other than that, he seems to be on the way to being one happy, healthy kid!  :)

David, Grayson, and I plan on spending this weekend relaxing (and getting everyone to feel better)!  I can't remember the last weekend we had where I didn't have to work or we didn't have some other plans.  It will be so nice to spend the whole weekend in our pjs!  :)  Monday will be a big day for all of us: After 6 months of being home with us, we have decided to send Grayson to daycare full-time.  We found a great place that we are so happy with--it's faith-based and the owners are wonderful.  He will go there 5 days a week.  It will definitely be a big adjustment for our entire family, but we are looking forward to being able to have spend our evenings together...and, for Grayson to get the chance to meet other kids!  Please pray that David and I don't lose our minds on Monday--I am sure it will be much harder on us than it is Grayson!

As always, thanks for checking in on us!  We love you all!