Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine's Day, I have decided to be uber-cheesy and make a list of some of the  reasons that I love my valentine, David.  :)
  • He makes me laugh like no one else can.  Even when I am mad and fighting tears, he has a way of making me smile.  Sometimes it makes me more mad, but, most of the time, it turns my mood completely around.
  • He is the most generous, thoughtful, giving, caring person I know.  I can't even tell you the number of times that he has surprised me with something, "just because."  He gets so much joy out of making others feel loved and appreciated. 
  • He loves being a husband and daddy.
  • He is the MOST amazing father!  I don't know of another man who loves his son more than David loves Grayson.  I love to just watch the two of them together--they laugh and smile and just love each other like crazy.  And, he has a way of calming Grayson down like no one esle can.
  • He makes the funniest face when something surprises him.  Just the other night, he was in the living room and he dropped something on the table that made a really loud sound.  His face was priceless!  :) 
  • He is such a good friend. 
  • He is a family-man.  He loves his Mama like no one else, he is such a good big brother, and he will do anything for anyone in his family.   And, his family is pretty great--so it makes it easy for me to love them, too!  :)
  • He speaks the truth, even when it's hard.  More than anything, I have appreciated the times that he has been honest with me, even when it's something I don't want to hear. 
  • We have the same dreams and goals.  I love being able to talk about what we hope for the future, and make a plan for reaching them.
  • He is a walking sound machine!  It's so great.
  • He knows what the right thing to do is, and he does it....even if it's hard.
  • He will often call me, text me, or just come up to me out of the blue and says something sweet.  He doesn't say it for any reason...just because.  And, he always seems to know just the right time that I need to hear it.
  • When it's cold or raining or windy (and sometimes even when it's sunny), he pumps my gas for me.
  • When I was pregnant, he filled every single one of my cravings without complaining...even the wierd ones....even after 9:00pm.
  • He provided me with my dream engagment, wedding, and honeymoon.  I am constantly amazed, when I look back at the last 3 years, that I have been blessed with my Prince Charming.
  • He is so silly!  If you know me at all, you know that I am a super-big, silly dork.  David won't admit it, but we have the same sense of humor.
  • He has made me a better woman.  He has helped me to reach my goal of graduating from graduate school, becoming a mom, and allowing me to work at a job I love. 
  • He spends time with my family without complaining...in fact, I think he actually enjoys spending time with my family!
  • He holds my hand in public.
Of course, there are many, many, many more reasons that I love David.  These are just a few of them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment