Grayson had a very busy first Thanksgiving!!
On Wednesday, we loaded up in Daddy's truck, and headed to Dickson to spend time with Gammie, Nonnie, Uncle David, and Aunt Karen. I had to work in Jackson that morning, so Grayson and David met me at my parents' house a little after 2:00pm, and then we hit the road. Grayson is a great car-rider, and he spent most of the trip looking out the window at all the trees that were flying by. (He loves riding in the truck because he can see out so well!)
After we checked into the hotel, we were off to Nonnie and Gammie's house. They were VERY excited to see Grayson (and he was very happy to see them)!
I promise he was smiling just before this, but, as I have said before,
he stops smiling when he sees that darn camera!
I think this is the absolute sweetest picture. Nonnie would have
loved on Grayson the whole night. She even told people
they would have to pay to make her give him up! :)
I don't think he would have minded being held by Nonnie
all night, though. He was so smiley!
Then, it was Gammie's turn to hold Grayson!
Right before we sat down for dinner, David's Uncle Barry arrived. If Grayson had to choose favorite people from our visit, he probably would have chosen Uncle Barry. He just stared, smiled, laughed, cooed, and talked to Uncle Barry for almost an hour!
We headed back to the hotel later that evening, and, unfortunately, Grayson wasn't feeling well. :( He had the beginnings of what has turned into a cold. He was all stuffed up, and just grumpy in general. Poor little guy. Needless to say, none of us slept very well Wednesday night, so we were pretty tired on Thanksgiving morning!
We woke up early, hung out at the hotel for a little bit, and then headed back for breakfast with Gammie and Nonnie. Grayson loved on them both a little more, and then took a much needed morning nap! :)
Then, it was time to hit the road once again. This time, we headed back to West Tennessee to see Grandma, Pap Pap, Uncle Jason, Aunt Becky (and baking Baby Jarrett), and cousin Ally!
Giving Daddy the stink eye. :)
Grayson loves loves LOVES his cousin Ally! He just stares at her and
smiles the BIGGEST smiles. I love watching them together.
While we were sitting around the table, Ally decided she was ready for a very stubborn front tooth to come out. To make a long story short, this tooth has been very troublesome, and has just not wanted to be pulled. Well, that all changed on Thanksgiving Day! We were sitting in the kitchen after lunch, and Ally and Jason headed into the bathroom. None of us thought that Ally was actually going to let her daddy pull her tooth, so when we heard her scream, "Ow, Daddy!" and saw her running towards us, we expected the worst! BUT, this is what we saw instead:
No more tooth! YAY! I am anxiously awaiting a phone call from Bug to let me know what the tooth fairy left her!
After we ate, Ally and Uncle David had some very in-depth conversations. I walked into the den, and the two of them were just talking away!
I had to be at work in Jackson (again!) early Friday morning, so Grayson, Ally, and I stayed the night in Humboldt with Grandma and Pap Pap. It was a super fun slumber party! :) (And, thankfully, Grayson got a very good nights' sleep. He woke up this morning feeling much better!)
Overall, Thanksgiving was a great success! We ate lots of food, hung out with lots of people we love, and had a wonderful time! And, even though he didn't feel good, Grayson had a blast, too! He was such a little trooper! He was just as happy as he could be, even though it was obvious he just wanted to cry. I am so proud of him!
And, we had an extra special reason to be thankful this year! Not only did Grayson become a part of our family, but, in less than 2 weeks (hopefully), we will become Aunt Esther and Uncle David for the second time. We couldn't be more excited! Baby Jarrett is one very loved little boy already!
I think it's pretty obvious that Ally is going to be an
AMAZING big sister.
And, doesn't Becky look AWESOME?
As always, thank you for checking in on us! We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment