David was sweet enough to get up extra early this afternoon (after only sleeping for about 3 hours), and take me to the Helms' house so I could work with Garrett (and get over my cabin fever...over 36 hours in the house without leaving is plenty for me!). We also stopped by the grocery store to stock up on some much needed junk food (HA!), and then we came home. Since nobody was out in the neighborhood, we thought the doggies might have fun getting out a little and playing with us on the ice. They had so much fun, and were so cute slipping and sliding!
As of right now, everything is frozen solid, and our cove is a SOLID sheet of ice. Everything that happened to melt during today has re-frozen, and it's supposed to be well below freezing (in the teens) for the rest of the night. I am secretly hoping that, even though it's supposed to be around 34 degrees tomorrow, that everything will re-freeze again tomorrow night and I can have another day off of work. Of course, I don't plan on that happening.
After we came back inside, the girls enjoyed playing with the presents Gammie McCarty got them for Christmas. Thanks, Gammie!!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment