Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh, you Bledsoes!

Well, I think we FINALLY have David's tooth situation under control.  We went to our family dentist yesterday, and he had some x-rays done, but the dentist said she couldn't tell what was wrong.  (In my mind, I am thinking, "Um...what do you mean you don't know what's wrong???")  Anyway, she referred us to an endodontist (a specialty dentist), and, thankfully, David was able to get in this morning.  As it turns out, he does have to have a root canal, but they can't do it all at one time due to the amount of infection in his tooth.  (The filling that he had done a few years ago evidently wasn't done correctly, because what has been causing all his problems has been a massive infection surrounding the old filling.)  So, today they cut out most of the infection, put him on another antibiotic and some more pain medicine, and told us to come back in two weeks so they could (hopefully) finish the rest of the root canal (they have to wait for the infection to clear up before they can do anything else).  The good news in all this is that it looks like he is on the road to feeling better.  Thank goodness!!!

Ally came and hung out with us for a bit on Friday since her school was closed and so was the University. The three of us went to breakfast, then ran a few errands, and then just spent the rest of the day hanging around the house.  Ally is such a sweet little girl, and she constantly amazes me with the things she says and how smart she is!  She also really LOVES Uncle David.  In fact, I was in a hurry to get to a client's house when Grandma came to pick up Ally, and I really didn't get a chance to tell her goodbye like I wanted to.  So, I called her later that night and talked to her.  I said, "I'm sorry that I didn't get to tell you goodbye!  I had fun with you today."  She said, without missing a beat, "Mmm-hmmm.  Will you tell Uncle David that I said goodbye and that I love him?"  HA!  So much for Aunt Esther, I guess.  :)

There hasn't been too much else going on lately--most of my time has been consumed with taking care of David.  :)  Two of my very best friends are within weeks of having new babies, so we have their baby showers coming up.  I just love planning get-togethers, and planning these baby showers has been too much fun!  Jennifer's shower is next weekend at our house, and Amber's is February 6 in Jackson.  I am excited to see if the girls like their showers, but I am most excited about meeting Adalyn and Riley!!!  Also in the next couple weeks, I have some work events going on, and a birthday party of one of the flower girls in our wedding, Mallie.  Mallie is having a "French Soiree" themed birthday party where everyone is supposed to dress up in their party clothes.  I think it's going to be super cute!  :)  As for work, I was asked to take part in a career fair at a local middle school next week.  It makes me laugh that I am going to be in a career fair--am I really grown-up enough?  But, mostly, I am excited to talk to the kids.  I just love stuff like that!

On a totally unrelated note, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about how I tend to focus on the negative in life--I mean, it seems that I am always thinking about what goes wrong...kind of a glass half empty type of thinking.  I have decided this year, though, that I am going to try to completely turn around my thoughts...I am going to focus on all the good in my life.  There is sooooo much good surrounding me!  I have an absolutely AMAZING husband, the best girlfriends that anyone could ever ask for, a family that loves me, an incredibly rewarding job, and I get to work with the most wonderfully fantastic kids on the planet.  Who could ask for more?  So, I guess you could say that it's a bit of a New Year's Resolution, but that's not really how I intend it.  It's something that I want to LAST, not just for a few months, but permanently.  You totally have permission to call me out on something if I don't do it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment