What a day Monday was! Thankfully, it started off great--the 7:45am and 9:15am meetings that I had scheduled for this morning were BOTH cancelled, which allowed me to get more work done that I originally would have. But, shortly after that, the fun began.....thud.
If you read this blog very often, then you know that David had some issues with his tooth a few weeks ago. At the last visit, the endodontist was able to complete a partial root canal, but had to stop because of the amount of infection in David's tooth. Well, David's follow-up root canal was this morning. I told him that I would go with him if I could, just in case they gave him lots of medicine and he was loopy. I am blessed to have a job that understands the importance of family needs, so I was able to make my schedule work so that I could go with David. (And, I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled David was to be going to get a root canal.) Anyway, we were able to get the car out of the driveway Sunday night, and we had left it at the top of the driveway (since our driveway was still COVERED in ice and snow until Tuesday night). So, as we walk out to get in the car, I hear David say, "You have GOT to be kidding me!" I looked over, and this is what I saw:
That's right. The sunroof of the car was busted out.
Obviously, there wasn't anything we could do about it at that moment. We had to leave to go to the dentist, and I was driving separately in case I needed to head into work to meet with my boss. So, we got in the cars and drove off. As we are driving down the interstate, everything seems normal, and I am just praying that David won't be too grumpy when we get to the dentist. All of the sudden, WHAM! Part of the broken sunroof comes flying off, heading towards my windshield, and cracking into 1000 pieces. (Thank goodness that it didn't hurt the truck, too!)
We get to the dentist, and I immediately get on the phone to call the insurance company. Oh, fun. We don't know when the sunroof got broken (it was fine Sunday night when we got home from dinner), but we suspect that it happened due to the 2 inches of ice that sat on it for three days--between that weight, and then heating the car up to 80 degrees, there had to be some stress on the glass. So, basically, we have to pay our $$$ deductible to get it fixed, and the insurance company is not going to be much help. Thanks.
The root canal went well, I went to pick up the pain medicine, and when I got home, David had already found a place that would have the sunroof fixed by Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunately, we had to drop the car off right away (at what happened to be the place that was on the absolute opposite side of town from our house), which meant I had to cancel my afternoon client (because we only have one car now), and we had to rush home in time for my to drop David off and head straight to class.
I'm tired just thinking about that day again! Is it time for bed yet? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment