Well, I'm not very good at updating this thing. BUT, in my defense, that past month and a half has been quite the whirlwind!
David's schedule around the holidays is always kind of crazy, and, this year was no different. The peak season for FedEx starts the day after Thanksgiving and lasts until Christmas Day, so for those four weeks, I don't get to see much of my husband. This year, as he has the past several years, David had to work Thanksgiving night...that made spending Thanksgiving with everyone a little tougher. We ended up spending Thanksgiving day with my mom and day in Humboldt, and then rushing home to spend Thanksgiving night with Justin and Ashley Bradley in Arlington. We also stopped and spent some time with the family that introduced David and I, the Allens. (Thanks for the YUMMY pie, Ness!) Needless to say, David was exhausted before he even made it to work. :)
On December 5, we celebrated Sara's birthday with an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, which was lots and lots of fun. I, of course, played the role of the grumpy elf! :)
The party was a hit, with lots of yummy food, fun games, and good bonding time. I know Sara had a great birthday!
The end of the semester is always a busy time for me, so the first few weeks in December were no exception. With finishing up my school work, and finalizing plans with all of the schools I work with, I didn't really have time to breathe! I am very blessed with my job, though, and was able to take a 3 week Christmas break, starting on December 14. I treasured this time off, and spent as much time as I could doing nothing. Of course, that didn't work out very well! December 16 was David's birthday, and we spent the evening with our good friends, the Bradleys and the Woodalls, having dinner at Firebirds. YUMMY! We also were able to spend the day together, just David and I, which is something we don't get to do very often. I think he had a pretty good birthday this year. :)
I also spent 2 weeks working the Holiday camps at The ABA Place. We had 10 kids with different developmental disabilities spend the day with us for 5 days, playing and learning and having fun! I know that the kids had a blast, and so did we--but, boy were we tired!
In between the camps, David and I squeezed in a trip to Nashville for Christmas. Because of David's work schedule (he always has to work Christmas night), he hasn't been able to spend Christmas with his family in a few years. We decided this year was the year to celebrate Christmas with the Bledsoe clan! We left bright and early on Wednesday morning (after dropping our baby, Bailey, off at doggie camp), and arrived in Nashville to have lunch with David's mom. That evening, David's sister and brother-in-law made a delicious dinner, and we were able to hang out with some other family. On Christmas Eve, we went to David's Nonnie's house and opened presents and laughed while listening to some old tapes the grandkids had made. David and I were very blessed with the gifts his family gave us. Thanks guys! We spent Christmas morning with Adam's family, having breakfast and opening more gifts, and then we headed home so David could get some rest before a busy night at work.
On Saturday, we drove up to Humboldt, and had the Plank Christmas. Again, we were very blessed with the gifts! Mom and Dad got us a huge crockpot and a brand new grill! I have already put the crockpot to good use many times (which has surprised David--I actually cook!), and we can't wait to have friends over this summer for some grilling!
We were pretty low-key in bringing in the 2010. We spent the evening with the Bradleys, watching football and playing Guitar Hero. It was so nice to have a quiet night. And, of course, to spend some time with Addison! :)
David and I are both excited to see what 2010 has in store for us. Looking back on 2009, it's easy to see that our lives completely changed...for the better, of course. Everything in our lives has changed so quickly, and I know that we are looking forward to having some time just being the Bledsoes. I consider myself extremely blessed to be surrounded by all the love that is in my life, and to have such amazing family and friends is more than I could ever ask for. We pray that 2010 is a blessed year for you!
Happy New Year from the Bledsoes:




1 comment:
Its about time you updated this thing, I was getting ready to protest. Being busy is no excuse, Plunk....stalkers like me need to know whats going on at all times :)
Post a Comment