Monday, January 25, 2010

Whew! I'm tired!

It's been a busy busy week in the Bledsoe house.  Work has been crazy for both David and I--David because of some weather that moved through last week, and mine, well, for reasons that I probably shouldn't list on a public site.  :)  (I do have to say, though, that I am very proud of myself for becoming more assertive, standing up for myself, and not just privately complaining about things that make me mad.  That is certainly a lesson I learned last week!)  I did get to have a fun day, though, because I was asked to present at a middle school career fair on Friday.  I was a little apprehensive about going, but it turned out to be so much fun.  AND, I even had one student come up and tell me that she thought I had the best job out of everyone there!  (I should have asked her to write that down for me, so I could look at it every morning--and especially those mornings that I need extra motivation.)

I was in charge of classes at The ABA Place this weekend, since the director, Jenni, was out of town.  We had some new (ADORABLE) kids join us on both days, so that was a lot of fun.  I am so blessed to be able to work with as many wonderful kids as I do.  And, on top of that, the staff at The ABA Place is just amazing.  What is The ABA Place?  Check us out at www.socialskillsforasd.com.  Awesome stuff!

After class on Saturday, David and I spent a lot of time getting our house ready for my friend, Jennifer's, baby shower.  David is such a wonderful husband, and he really busted his bootie to help me out.  He woke up Saturday morning, and got straight to work without me even knowing!  In fact, by the time I got home from class, he had already completed most of the stuff on the list!  We spent that rest of the day Saturday, getting some shopping done, rearranging our living room, and doing some final cleaning.  Then, on Sunday, we did all the finishing touches.  Again, David was AMAZING with everything that he helped with--without me even having to ask him to do it!  The shower turned out to be a success...with lots of fun, food, games, and laughs.  I am so excited to get to meet Adalyn! Hurry up and get here!  :)

The next couple of weeks will definitely be busy, too, but I am looking forward to them.  This weekend, David and I are going to be helping at a Parent's Night Out event at The ABA Place, to allow parents to spend some much needed time together without having to worry about their kids with a baby-sitter!  And, then, next weekend is my friend, Amber's, baby shower on Saturday in Jackson.  (I can't wait to meet Riley!)  On Sunday, David and I are having a Super Bowl Party at our house, and breaking in the new grill that my mom and dad got us for Christmas!  YAY!  Then, on Valentine's weekend, David and I are going to head out of town for a little rest and relaxation with some good friends.  I think we are both definitely looking forward to that time to just be together.  I know I am!

Life is good for the Bledsoe's right now.  :)  Hope it's good for all of you, too!

P.S. My grandmother did get out of the hospital on Sunday, but she will be spending several weeks in a rehab facility so she can get her strength up.  I think this is the perfect place for her, although I know she misses being in her own house.  Please pray that both my Grandma AND Grandpa make the decisions that are the BEST for them, not just the ones that are the most comfortable.  Also, please pray that my grandma continues to make progress in her recovery.  Thank you!

2 comments:

Jennifer Baker said...

Thank you again for the shower, it was fantastic!!! And tell David thank you too, sounds like he put in a little work as well :)

Esther said...

I totally just realized that I made this sound like a chore, and it WASN'T. It was stuff that has needed to be done a long time ago, but we have just been too lazy to do it. :)
Thanks for being the motivation we needed to get off our butts and clean our nasty house!!! LOL!

Post a Comment