Jarrett is such an amazing little kid. He made it through surgery with flying colors! Becky said that, once he was back in his room, he was trying so hard to open his eyes...but he was just too medicated. They will monitor him very closely over the next few days to ensure that he doesnt develop an infection due to the amount of fecal matter that leaked. Hopefully, he will get to start drinking milk next week. AND, hopefully, he will get to come home sooner than later.
I can't wait to hold him and kiss on him, and I know David feels the same way. We love Jarrett so so much, and it has been so hard not being able to see him. We are beyond excited that he may be headed home soon!
In other news, yesterday was Davids birthday! We actually celebrated as a family on Wednesday night, and then last night our friends, the Woodalls, came over. On Wednesday, I picked up dinner from Chilis, and then headed home. We ate dinner, and David opened his presents! I got him a power washer (that was actually delivered on Tuesday and the surprise was ruined) and a pair of UT lounge pants, and Grayson and my parents got him the Move system for his Playstation. That thing is sooooooo much fun! Last night, we dressed in our comfies, grilled out, and played Playstation. It was a blast having Brad, Donna, and Whitney celebrate with us! I know David and I both feel very blessed to have such good friends.
And, I just have to share because I'm so excited: David and Grayson got me a NookColor for Christmas! It was supposed to be a surprise, but UPS delivered it last night, and I knew right away what it was. :) If you don't know what a Nook is: its an electonic device that I can use to read books! I can download books, magazines, games, and pictures to it. It even comes with Pandora radio so I can listen to music! I can buy kids books for Grayson that are interactive, so he will be able to use it when he's a little older. It is just the coolest thing! And, I wasn't expecting it at all! I must say that my boys are the best!
I think that's all to update on right now. I really want to thank those of you who have called, texted, emailed, and/or prayed for Jason, Becky, Jarrett, and Ally. You all have shown my entire family what true friendship and love is, and we are so thankful. I know that your prayers are felt each day--and what an amazing feeling it is!
As always, we love you!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:
Post a Comment