Sunday, December 12, 2010

I am 4 months old, by Grayson

I am 4 months (or 17 weeks and 3 days) old today!


I look more and more like my daddy every day.  I am long and skinny.  I wear 3-6 month shirts but 9 month pants!  Sometimes, I can wear 6 month pants and shirts, but it depends on the brand.  :)  I wear size 2 diapers, but not for much longer!  I go to see Dr. Catherine for my 4-month check-up tomorrow...I will find out then how much I weigh and how long I am.  


I am really starting to notice what is going on in the world around me.  I like to watch the doggies when they wrestle in the living room, and I like to look at all the colors on the TV.  I asked Santa for some Baby Einstein videos so that I could learn something while I watch!  :)  I also really like when Mommy and Daddy read me books.  I look at all the pictures, and touch every page.  I am going to love to read when I grow up, just like Mommy!


I am doing so well with my sleeping and my eating!  I usually go to bed around 8:00pm (after my last bottle), and then I sleep until around 7:00am the next morning.  I don't wake up at all to eat the whole night!  I usually eat 7 ounces of formula every 3 hours during the day, and I try to take 2-3 naps (although my naps usually aren't very long).  I am such a big boy that I don't even use my pacifier anymore!


I laugh ALL THE TIME.  I am always talking, smiling, cooing, laughing, or being silly.  I only cry when I am hungry or sleepy (which means I'm just like my mommy--she gets grumpy, too, when she's hungry or sleepy).  My daddy can make me laugh like nobody else.  I think it's really really funny when I grab onto his beard.  :)


 I love to go for rides in the car, and I am getting more used to having to be all bundled up for winter.  I absolutely love to go shopping with Mommy and Daddy.  I smile and coo at everyone who walks by--and they usually stop to smile at me, which I love.


I like to play with all of my toys, but I have 2 absolute favorites: my lovies and my lion.  I also like anything that I can put in my mouth.  Usually, when I am laying on my playmat, I put all the rings in my mouth and pull myself up off the floor.  I am strong, just like my Daddy!


I am super mischievous.  I am curious about everything.  When I am really trying to figure something out, I make the funniest concentration face.  I can be very serious.


I will be sitting up all by myself soon!  I can manage to sit for about 7 seconds, if I prop myself up just right.  Daddy has been working with me every day on sitting up, and getting from sitting to my stomach. I like when we do this because it's lots of fun!  

Look at me trying to sit on my own:


I love my grandparents, and my aunts and uncles.  BUT, my most favorite person in the whole world is my cousin, Ally.  I love her so much, and she always makes me smile!  I could watch her for hours.  Mommy and Daddy tell me every day about my new cousin, Jarrett.  We were born exactly 16 weeks apart, and I just know that we are going to be best friends!


The last 4 months have been pretty fun, but I am really looking forward to the next couple of months.  Pretty soon, I will be mobile, and then I will be in to everything!  :)


Thank you for checking in on me!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment