Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a week!

Another busy week has come and gone in the Bledsoe house.  I had a 3 day weekend, and it still flew by...I just always wish the weekends could last longer!!

Anyway, I had to go to Nashville last week for a conference for work.  We left on Wednesday afternoon and came back on Thursday night.  Although it was a quick trip, it made for a very hectic week!  I had to pile everything that would normally happen in a 5 day week into 2 days...fun, fun!  My boss, Sara, and I drove up to Nashville on Wednesday afternoon, and I was able to consult with one of the major researchers in the field of Positive Behavior Support in schools, George Sugai.  It was pretty awesome.  After the meeting, we made a trip to Opry Mills...I mean, you can't go to Nashville without going shopping!  :)  I was able to get some pretty cool things, and then we had a great dinner at The Aquarium.  So yummy!  Thursday was busy with 2 presentations and the drive home, but we still managed to make a trip for some lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  Again, you can't go to Nashville without going to the Cheesecake Factory!  We finally made it home around 9:00pm Thursday night.  I was exhausted!

My boss, Katie, was cool enough to give me the day off on Friday, so I spent most of the day laying on the couch, watching tv, and waiting for updates about the birth of Adalyn Ryan Baker.  It was great.  AND, Friday night, I finally got to meet sweet and precious little Adalyn.  She is perfect in every way, and I am so happy that she is here!!! :)

On Saturday, David and I ran a bunch of errands, and then we went out to dinner to celebrate the birthday of some very special friends, Ashley and Brad.  I always love getting together with the Bradleys and the Woodalls, no matter what the occasion is.  I am very grateful for such wonderful friends!

And, today, I have spent most of the day working on a paper that I have to complete in order to move on to the next step towards graduation (and eating some left over cheesecake).  I think I may FINALLY be done, and I can't believe that I am only about 5 1/2 months away from becoming Dr. Esther!  WOW!  I know that I have A LOT of hard and exhausting work ahead of me, but I am determined to get it done!

I am very much looking forward to a much more relaxing week this week.  I am looking forward to spending Tuesday with Sara when I present to her class at Covington High School.  David and I will also celebrate Ashley's birthday with pizza and cupcakes on Tuesday night, and I hope to get to see the Bakers again on Thursday night.  I am most looking forward to spending some quality time with the hubby--he is off work all week, so we will actually get to see each other and not just be roommates!  :)

P.S.  I just noticed how many times I talked about eating in this post!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment