Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A fun weekend

This past weekend was eventful, but also super fun.  I love my weekends, and it was a weekend like this that makes me wish they were just a few days longer.

On Saturday, Sara and I travelled to Jackson to meet up with the rest of "the girls" for Amber and Riley's baby shower.  If you know us, then you know that anything we do together is not going to be simple.  :)  We left a little early so we could stop by the party store in town and pick up some balloons--30 minutes later, we finally had 2 balloon arrangements and were headed over the restaurant where the shower was being held.  The shower was perfect: the food was so yummy, the games were fun, and Amber and Riley got lots of awesome presents.  I am so excited to meet the two babies (Jennifer's daughter, Adalyn, and Baby Riley) who will make their appearance in just a few weeks!!

David called me as Sara and I were driving back to Memphis and told me that the dogs had gotten into some of the peanut M&Ms that we have had on our table forever.  He tried to figure out which one did it, but he couldn't.  So, after a few minutes, he knew he had to take them to the Vet.  Our Vet closes at noon on Saturdays (and this was around 1:00pm), so David took the doggies to the Emergency Vet nearby. When Sara and I got there, we found out that they had induced vomiting on both dogs, and found that it was Bailey that ate almost 1 pound of peanut M&Ms ALL BY HERSELF!  Bailey is only about 25lbs, which means that 1 pound of chocolate is lethal.  Thankfully, they were able to get most of it out of her system, and they gave her some activated charcoal and put her on an IV.  We were able to bring her home later that afternoon.  (They wanted to keep her overnight, but it would have cost us $1800.  We love Bailey-Boo, don't get me wrong.  But we figured we could monitor at home by ourselves.)  Bailey was a pretty sick little doggie for the next day or so...she seems to be back to herself now.  :)

On Sunday, we had the gang over for a Super Bowl party.  Of course, we ate WAY too much.  Mom brought our grill down to us on Saturday night (it was a Christmas present from my parents), so we put it to good use on Sunday for the party.  It was a great time!

Monday brought the SURPRISE snow of the year!  We woke up to a world covered in white, and it just seemed to keep falling.  I'm not sure how the forecasters missed this monster of a storm coming, but they did!  The snow turned to steady rain by the afternoon, so everything began to melt off, and today, it's almost gone.  It's still freezing cold, but I think everything will return back to normal in Memphis by tomorrow.

David and I are taking a weekend getaway this weekend, and are definitely looking forward to it!  It will be so nice to have some quality one-on-one time with no distractions.  I can't wait!  :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Baker said...

Poor Bailey! I'm glad she is ok.

Post a Comment