Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The world keeps on changing....

I did something majorly big today at work: I gave my resignation.  That's right, as of March 17, 2010, I will no longer be a Site Consultant at the University of Memphis.  I have been given a great opportunity to use my Behavior Analyst certification (that I worked so long to earn).  Starting in April, I will be working for a wonderful company that works with adults and children with disabilities.  For the most part, I will be supervising their home programs, which entails writing behavior plans, training the home staff, working directly with the client, and making sure that everyone and everything is working the way that is supposed to.

I am sad, though.  The people that I have worked with at RISE have been pretty wonderful, and they have taught be soooooo much.  I have been able to travel around the country, fine tune my presentation skills, learn how to talk to people that might not agree with/understand what I am trying to tell them, and, I have been able to become friends with both of my bosses.  I am definitely going to miss Katie dancing with the hula hoop in the office on the days when we all have the blahs.  I am so grateful for all that they have done for me, and I am going to miss them!!!

I am very excited about this new step in my life, for many different reasons.  BUT, probably the biggest reason for being so excited is that I get to work from home, and my schedule is very flexible.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing opportunity to learn more about Behavior Analysis AND be able to spend more time with my family.  Life is just getting better and better every day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment