Monday, September 7, 2009

We love long weekends!

Well, at least I love long weekends...David had to work this whole weekend, so he didn't really enjoy it as much as I did.  :)
So, on Friday, I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to on the wedding errand list--time just got away from me, and then I got tired, and I just came home.  David woke up early, though, and we decided to go to Target to add some more items to our registry.  It was so much fun!  We were laughing and giggling the whole time--a couple who had been married 40 years came up to us and started talking to us, telling us congratulations and how happy they are after 40 years.  It was really sweet.  :)
Saturday, of course, was football day, and THANK GOODNESS Tennessee won!  We watched what felt like hours of football, and then I got ready to go to my friend Courtney's Bachelorette party.  (I was so tired of watching football, though, that I had to watch Sex and the City episodes just to cleanse myself.  HA!)  It was supposed to be a surprise for her (the surprise I talked about on here a few days ago), but I ended up having to tell her.  Anyway, we had so much fun Saturday night, and I can't wait for the wedding next Saturday!!
And, then yesterday, David and I drove to Humboldt to spend the afternoon with my family.  My dad's birthday was earlier last week, and we had a cookout yesterday to celebrate!  It was a lot of fun.  While Dad and Jason were out (and David had already left) Mom, Becky, Ally, and I looked through my mom and dad's wedding album and pictures.  They have been married almost 34 years, and I LOVED looking back at their day.  It made my day seem even more special!  :)  Also, my mom gave me my "something old": a handkerchief that was made by my great grandmother, Ruth.  I am so excited about carrying the handkerchief with me on my wedding day, especially because it belonged to such an amazing woman.  My great grandmother was one of the most Godly, truthful, beautiful women in the world.  I miss her.
And, today, is yet another day of wedding stuff.  My friend, Sara, is going to be doing my makeup on the Big Day (which I am soooooooooooooo excited for her to do!), and we are going to get our supplies today!  Of course, we are going to throw in a little girl time, too.  HA!

Well, that's pretty much the play by play of the weekend.  I am sure to anybody reading this, it's probably a bore, but to me, it was one of the most fun (and relaxing) weekends I have had in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment