Thursday, September 3, 2009

Registries and Honeymoon

So, by far, the most difficult part of wedding planning for me has been registering.  I know, that should be the fun part, right?  Well, I have such a hard time making decisions, so that's a lot of my frustration with picking things out...I mean, this is BIG stuff we are choosing: bedroom decorations, bathroom stuff, kitchen utensils and appliances...that's major stuff!  But, there's also the thought that keeps going through my mind: We have picked out so many things that are coordinating.  What if we only get part of something--like a bedspread but not the sheets?  Or a shower curtain, but not the matching accessories?  I know these are silly worries, but they stress me out! :)

We have registered at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Home Depot.  Even though we have registered at three stores, I still feel like we don't have enough gifts for our guests to choose from.  We were told that we should have 2 gifts for every 1 guest we invite.  So, we have 150 guests, which means we should have 300 gifts on our registry!  Of course, some of those 300 include individual knives, as well as the entire knife set and individual pots and pans, as well as the whole set.  So, even though 300 gifts seem like a lot, I guess it's really not.  SEE??!!!???!!?? It stresses me out!!!

I do have to admit that I am pretty lucky that the most stressful part of the wedding planning is picking out the gifts we want.  HA!  But, every bride has their stresses...this is just mine!
On the other hand, I know that one of the things David and I are MOST looking forward to is our honeymoon!!!  We mention to each other almost every day how excited we are to take this trip.  David and I totally splurged for our dream honeymoon, and we are going to St. Lucia!  Check out this awesome view:













I absolutely cannot wait to arrive, and lay on the beach for 7 days!  :)  We will be staying in a penthouse room with our own private concierge service.  (I have been teasing David that I am going to order chocolate cake and pizza at 3:00am, just because I can!)  I do have to say, though, that I am most looking forward to the honeymoon because I get to spend the whole time with David.  This will be our first trip just the two of us since we have been together--so many of our trips are to visit family or friends, and we rarely get any alone time.  SO, I am SUPER excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment