David surprised me with the tickets to see Legally Blonde: The Musical at the Orpheum Theater and dinner at Circa. After the show, David and I made plans to meet up with some of his friends at the Westin Hotel on Beale Street. As we walked in, David said he would run upstairs to get his friends and meet me back in the lobby. A few minutes later, David returned to the lobby and explained that his friends were still not ready to go out. He said that we were invited up for drinks, and they should be ready to go shortly.
When we got to the door of the room, I noticed everything inside was dark. Honestly, I was unsure what kind of friends these were to be hanging out in a dark hotel room! But, as David opened the door, I saw that it was lit with candles that had been placed all around the room. He had also covered the bed in rose petals, and our song (which will be our first dance as husband and wife!) was playing in the background.
David explained all of the romance was just a special way to end the evening, and I honestly had no clue what was about to happen next!!
We walked to the window to check out the beautiful view of Beale Street and downtown Memphis, and David said, "I have one more surprise for you." He told me to open the drawer of the bedside table, and, inside, he had placed a bridal magazine and a wedding planner.
I turned around to face David with a look of surprise on my face, only to find him down on one knee with a stunning ring in his hand. I immediately started crying; and the rest, as they say, is history!
He did a great job, didn't he?! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment