Friday, September 4, 2009

Rain, rain, go away

It's rainy and cloudy today, and I am totally procrastinating on everything I need to get done.  I have favors to put together and bags for our out of town guests to organize.  But, I just can't seem to find the motivation.  :)  Of course, there's the fact that my TIVO is full of shows that I've recorded every night this week, and right now Bravo is having a marathon of Project Runway reruns--yeah, that doesn't help.  I've been so busy this week that I haven't really seen David (and he's sleeping right now, so I won't get to see him very much today, either).  His schedule rotates every month, and, when it does, he usually has a pretty good chunk of time off.  It just so happens that this was the week that he had 6 days off!  Unfortunately, though, this has been the busiest week I have had in a long time--David has started calling me his roommate because that's how little we have seen each other!  It sucks that he has to work weekends this month...that means that we won't get to see each other very much still.  He did surprise me the other day, though, by telling me that he is taking me to the fair one night next week.  YAY!  I am sooo excited about the fair!  Well, now I'm rambling, I suppose.  It's storming outside right now, and the dogs are sleeping all around me.  Gosh, I love moments like this.

We mailed the invitations out yesterday!  I guess that means there is no turning back now!  HA!  I wouldn't turn back, no matter what.  I can't wait to marry that man of my dreams!  Today is my day of wedding errands:
  • print out picture that will go in the frame guests will sign
  • tie favor cards and put stickers on favors
  • set out all 100 out of town guest bags
  • put welcome letters and favors in guest bags
  • steam my veil
  • find my something old!
  • email DJ song list
  • create wedding weekend timeline
  • finalize picture list and email to photographer
EDIT: Well, I got one of my items on my to do list done!  :)
    I also need to run and get some things done for a surprise that I'm doing for one of my friends tomorrow (I'll update about this tomorrow--just in case she is reading this!), going to lunch with Mary Beth, and teaching class tonight.  I wish it wasn't raining--I HATE going out in the rain!  :(
    P.S. If you are coming to the wedding, and you want to make a reservation at the Hilton ($99/night), you only have until September 15!  After that date, they will cancel the rest of our rooms that haven't been reserved, and you won't be able to get the group rate.  However, we also reserved rooms at the Holiday Inn Select (right across the street from the Hilton) for the same price, and you have until October 10 to make your reservation there.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment