Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Randomness

It's been a quiet morning around here this morning. Finnley is a little under the weather and couldn't go to school today, so we have been spending some time cuddling on the bed/couch, watching reality TV, and napping.  It's times like now that I especially wish that I was able to open my own treatment center for people with disabilities and not have to send the kids to daycare.  One day.  One day.

Anyway, Finnley has been sleeping in her swing, so I have used my time to try to get this family organized!  I have said it before, but having two kids that are only 17 months apart is much more chaotic than we anticipated it being.  Whew, I'm tired!  :)  This morning, I was able to make a list of learning activities that we could do with the kids, printed out our weekly family schedule, and made a grocery list.  Woohoo!  This is so unlike me.  HA!  I found the Mommy Tracked website and immediately fell in love! They have tons of printables and tips for every Mommy, including stay-at-home Moms and Moms who work out of the home!  You can find a list of there printables here and the weekly schedule we use here.  I have the weekly schedule hanging on our fridge along with our monthly calendar from Anything But Perfect.  Having both lets me organize the meals and activities for each week, along with being able to see what is coming up later in the month.

I also printed out some of our favorite Weight Watchers recipes.  I forgot how yummy some of the food on Weight Watchers can be!  Here are some of the foods we have made so far this week:

Buffalo Chicken Pizzas: 3 points per serving


Instructions
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Combine the hot pepper sauce, mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Toss the chicken and half of the hot pepper sauce mixture in a medium bowl; let marinate 15 minutes. Arrange the roll halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 3–4 minutes. Stir in the remaining hot pepper sauce mixture and the tomato sauce. Spoon the chicken and sauce evenly onto the 4 roll halves, then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until heated through and the cheese melts, 10–12 minutes. Yields 1 piece per serving.
 Yummy Turkey Burgers with Chili Fries: 8 points per serving
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a nonstick baking sheet and broiler rack with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, egg whites, cumin, salt, chili powder and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are barely tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl lightly combine turkey, onion, egg, parsley, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Form into 4 burgers. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil fries until crispy, about 10 minutes. At the same time, broil burgers until brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Place on rolls and serve immediately.


Breakfast Bars: 2 points each
Instructions
  • Pretty much just throw everything together, mix it up pretty well, throw it on a baking sheet at 350 for about 35 minutes and then go to town! 
 Sorry for the crazy formatting!  I don't know how to fix it!
I've also had lots of fun with finding new foods that are low in points that I can have lots of!  :)
**On a side note, if you are interested in starting Weight Watchers or are currently following the plan and you want some other of my favorite foods or want to swap ideas, please let me know!**

And, if you are a Memphis Mommy, then GET EXCITED!  Carter's has come to Memphis!!  YAY!  I signed up for their email coupons last month when we went to Tunica to their outlet store.  I love that they are not just about 10 minutes away!  :)

I plan on having Finnley's 2 month post up this week.  She actually turned 2 months on Tuesday, but I haven't had a chance to write the post, thanks to her feeling icky for a couple days.  Hopefully I can get it done today!

Well, my sweet princess is stirring in her swing, letting me know she is ready to eat.  As always, thanks for checking in on us!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment