Friday, March 9, 2012

Being a Mom is gross

The past couple days have been gross.

I  haven't taken a shower since Wednesday morning, and, as I am typing this, it is Friday night.  I picked Finnley up early from daycare Wednesday afternoon, drove her straight to the pediatrician's office, and have been going 100mph in opposite directions ever since.  Thankfully, I got my hair done last week so my normally oily hair is looking quite good on day 3 (with some help from Suave dry shampoo--which I love).  (And, yes, I have taken a bird bath this week, I promise.)

Finnley pooped everywhere this afternoon, including all over her clothes, her blanket, and her swing.  This was after she pooped all over me as I was taking her temperature.  Yes, you are picturing it correctly: she literally pooped out the thermometer.

Speaking of poop, we got Grayson his big boy potty today.  He is starting to really show interest in potty training, so we decided to give it a go.  We aren't going full-force yet--we want him to get used to the potty without putting any pressure on him.  Anyway, tonight, before bed, we asked him if he wanted to sit on his potty.  He said he did and started taking off his diaper.  Well, it just so happened he had pooped in his diaper, and he sat down on his potty before we could wipe him off.  So, there was poop spread all over the seat.  And then, he stood up, walked about two steps, and peed all over the pants he had just taken off and the floor.  About that time, I remembered that I need to disinfect his bath toys since he pooped in the tub yesterday.

We have cleaned up and sucked out more snot this week than I care to think about.

Our house is an absolute disaster.  I don't know how it gets so out of control so quickly.  I hate the hardwood floors.  I mean, I love the way they look when they are clean.  But, normally, they are covered in dog hair and Grayson crumbs.  And, thanks to our swampy sodded back yard, our floor is currently covered in about 100 muddy paw prints.

Grayson licked an air freshener today.  Then he gagged.  Multiple times.

Our son likes to make himself gag...usually until he throws something up.  Then he cries.  It's really not funny, but I can't help but laugh.

On a clean note, we have washed, dried, and folded 5 loads of laundry, and ran the dishwasher 4 times in 3 days.


And this, my friends, is why I would never survive as a stay-at-home mom, no matter how badly I think I want to be one.  I just don't know how they do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment