Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What a weekend!

We had a great weekend with this silly boy:

On Friday, we travelled to Nashville to celebrate Karen's birthday, and to spend some time with David's family.  It was so nice to be able to relax for the weekend!  We were also able to visit with the Walker family, which was sooooooo much fun.  The girls, Bonney and Mai Golden, were so excited to play with Grayson (and I had a lot of fun playing with them and their toys, too).  :)  Grayson did great on the trip--he slept in on Saturday  morning, which was wonderful.  And, he sure did fall in love with his Uncle Adam.  The two of them had so much fun together! 

On Sunday, we headed a little north of Nashville to pick up Ally.  She had spent the week with her grandma in Ohio, and David had the idea to meet them so they wouldn't have to make the rest of the trip to Mississippi.  It was great having Ally travel back with us--she is so much fun!  She spent the night with us Sunday night, and then on Monday....

We went to a 4th of July pool party at the Woodall's!  

Grayson definitely got into the holiday spirit!  :)

Overall, it was a fun weekend.  Unfortunately, weekends like these make it extra hard to go back to work!  Grayson and I didn't want to get out of bed this morning AT ALL. 

Before I go, I have to share a funny story.  Whenever Ally stays with us, she likes to go up and get Grayson in the mornings (and Grayson just ADORES seeing her first thing in the morning).  Anyway, on Monday morning, Ally went in to get him, then came running to me and said, "Uh, Aunt Esther.....he has poop all over the bed, and it's all over him, too!"  Oh my goodness, did he ever!!!  I walked into the room and it was COVERED...it was on the wall, on his sheets, on his toys, on his crib, on the floor, and all over him!!  (I'll let you draw conclusions about where else it was since it was all over his hands and face...and pacifier....)
I have never seen anything like it!  And, the little stinker just looked at me with a smile on his face.  :)
Don't worry...we immediately gave him a bath, and, as David said, "He's not the first kid to play with his poop." 

We hope you all had a blessed 4th of July with your family and friends.  Thanks for checking in on us!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment