Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's a hard-knock life...

So, I started back to work this week after 4 weeks off for maternity leave...and, yes, it was as hard as I imagined it would be.  I missed my clients, and I am looking forward to being back in at least a little of a routine, but I have thought about Grayson every second since I've been away from him.

David had to work Sunday night and Monday night, so his mom came down to spend a few days to help with the transition for our family.   On Monday morning, I got up, fed Grayson, took a shower, got ready for work, and then loved on my little boy as much as I possibly could.  Around 10:00am, Pam arrived, and I literally ran out the door.  I just couldn't linger around, or I would have lost it.  I did pretty good on Monday--only calling a couple times to check in and see how he was doing.  I was beyond exhausted by the time I got home, but I was soooooooooooooooo happy to see Grayson.  He even smiled when I walked in the door!  It was great.  :)

The last two days have been easier, but I still count down the minutes until I get to see Grayson again.  When I get home, I can't take my eyes off of him, and I just love on him until he is sick of it.  David's mom left this morning, so, now it's just David and I (Well, we have been by ourselves for the month I was off work, but now that "real life" has started, it's serious business. HA!).  I am very much looking forward to this adventure with David and Grayson.  We are slowly making our own routines, and our little family is starting to take shape!  :)

There really isn't any other news to share in our lives.  This weekend, we are having friends over to watch the Tennessee vs. Florida game.  It's a yearly tradition and we didn't want it to end this year.  Grayson has so many people coming that are going to spoil him with love that day!  David and I see more and more every day just how blessed we are.

I promise to write more (and post more pictures) very soon!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment