Monday, March 22, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go away!!!

I have had a nagging feeling all weekend that I am forgetting something.  For the life of me, I can't (obviously) think of what it is...I have gone over and over and over things in my head, but I can't think of what it could be!  UGH!

So, Wednesday was my last day at RISE.  I only went in for half of the day--I had to finish some work and finish packing up my desk.  David came by, and we loaded up my truck with all my stuff.  By 11:15am, it was time to leave.  It definitely was a bittersweet moment.  I was sad to be leaving, but glad to be moving on at the same time.  David took me to Belmont Grill to celebrate, and then I came home and made a trip to Target.  Oh, we live such an exciting life!  :)

The rest of last week wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped it to be, but it was still fun.  We babysat Ally on Thursday, which is always a blast.  She loves hanging out with Uncle David, and they are too cute together!  She and I went and had manis/pedis, and then a quick shopping trip to Hallmark.  I had to teach class that night (since one of my professors was out of town).  When I called David to tell him I was on my way home from school, I could hear Ally singing happily in the background.  David said she was dancing, too.  It was really cute...and it totally made me excited to have Baby Bledsoe grow up!  :)  On Friday, I took Ally back home, and then had to go to orientation with the State for my new job.  Whoa--I have a lot of learning to do before this job starts.  I am excited for the challenge, but a little nervous, too.  I guess I should probably spend some of this time off learning what I need to learn!

I was able to get some cleaning and organizing done this weekend, which I am very relieved about.  There is still a lot more to be done, but it is nice to have made some progress.  David and I went and looked at some baby furniture on Friday, so we are starting to plan more seriously about the nursery.  We still are waiting until we know if Baby is a boy or a girl to finalize things, but it is fun to start thinking of all the cute things we are going to get!

Baby has been growing a lot these last couple of weeks, I think...mostly just because I have been feeling a lot more stretching and aching than I have before.  He/She has continued to be moving around quite a bit, and especially loved David taking us to Baskin Robbins for a double scoop!  :)  I can't put into words how excited I am for next Wednesday's ultrasound.  I am excited to see Baby again (and how much he/she has grown!), and to start some serious shopping and decorating.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment