Well, it's finally come: Today is my last full day at RISE, and, honestly, I have very mixed emotions. I am thrilled beyond words to be moving on to the next big step in my life. And, I am so excited to have the opportunity to do something that I LOVE every day. BUT, at the same time, I am sad. I have worked with some really good people the last 2 years, and I have learned so much from them. My boss, Katie, came in to the office today and tossed a card at me. It was the sweetest card, and when I read it, we both teared up. Katie has become such a good friend to me--we have shared so much, and I am really going to miss her...especially her telling me to stop saying I'm sorry! :) My official last day is tomorrow, but I am only coming in for a few hours so I can turn all my things in and clean out my little area. Then, my 2 and a half week vacation begins--I am SO excited about that! David is working weekends this month, and I haven't gotten to see him very much lately. Now that I will be home during the week, though, that will all change. We hope to get a lot of things done around the house, and, of course, take a vacation to Gulf Shores. No matter if we don't do anything, however, I will be happy to just have a chance to breathe!
I went to visit Baby Riley on Sunday. Sara and I drove to Jackson and picked up some food and cupcakes (for Clint's birthday!), and then we headed on down to Chester County to hang out with the Murleys. Let me tell you...I am LOVING that my friends have babies! I love to love on them and talk to them and hold them and tell them all the things that I have to teach them. It is going to be so much fun watching them grow up. They change so quickly! I am heading out to visit Baby Addy later this week, and I am very excited about that. :)
There isn't too much else going on. The office is taking me to lunch today, and then I am teaching class for one of my friends tonight. This time change has me all messed up, so I hope to get home and actually get to have some rest tonight! I have been waking up in the middle of the night EVERY night lately, and not falling back asleep for almost 2 hours. Last night, I was up from 2:00am until 4:00am. It is not fun at all. I am looking on the bright side, though--God is shaping me for the late nights that will definitely happen once Baby B gets here!
No comments:
Post a Comment