Friday, August 12, 2011

1 year old!!!!

How in the world is our baby 1 year old?!?!?!?!

(I will get his sign pictures up ASAP...I promise!)

Grayson,
Mommy and Daddy cannot believe that a year has already gone by since you came into the world.  You changed our lives so completely, and we have absolutely loved every single minute of watching you grow from a newborn to the little boy you are today.  You are so happy and smiley all the time...and you have the BEST sense of humor!  You are quite silly, that's for sure!  We love you so much, G-man!  Happy Birthday!!!

At 12 months, Grayson:

  • no longer takes a bottle or formula!  He drinks everything from a sippy cup!  What a big boy!  He drinks about 4 cups of 2% milk, and eats breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack every day.  He loves loves loves all kinds of food--I don't think there is anything that he doesn't like!  He has even learned how to climb into his little chair all by himself, and put the tray on!  It's so funny!  
  • is a toddler!  He walks/toddles more often than he crawls now, and it's so fun to watch.  He concentrates so hard sometimes not to fall down, while other times he wants to take off and run!  He is so proud of himself whenever he walks a long distance.  He will even clap for himself!  :)
  • He wears 12-18 month clothes, size 5 diapers, and size 5 shoes.  At a doctor's appointment last week, he weighed 25 pounds, 6 ounces.  He is the same size (or bigger) as some of the 2 year old kids in his class!
  • He loves loves loves loves to go to school.  He loves his teachers, Ms. Dana, Ms. Jennifer, and Ms. Amy...and they love him!   He has learned so much at school, and we love seeing what new things he shows us when he comes home each day!  He has learned to wipe off the table after he is done eating, throw away his trash, blow kisses goodbye, wave and say "bye bye," answer "yes" or "no" using both words and by nodding/shaking his head, and he has learned not to hit his friends.  WOW!
  • He talks so much!  I wouldn't even be able to write out all the words he can say because there are so many!  I love listening to him talk to us, and he has just the cutest little voice.  :)
  • He has learned to put his shape blocks into the correct spots on his shape sorter, and he loves to read his books.  He also loves to look at his picture book.  He always points to himself in the pictures and smiles so big.  He also loves to ride on his radio flyer scooter, and to snuggle with Scout, his stuffed doggie.  He still doesn't watch much TV (which is fine with us!) but he does like to watch Elmo when we are in the car for a longer period of time. 
I am sure there is so much more to write about, but my mind just can't wrap around the fact that our baby is 1 year old!  Wow, we sure do love him more and more each day (and I honestly don't know how I could love him any more than I do today!).  We absolutely can't wait to see what this next year has in store for our little boy!

Thanks for checking in on us!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment