I am going to be 29 next week....today, someone said something about me almost being 30. The way he said it, though, made my stomach go up in my throat. Shouldn't I be an adult by now? Instead, I feel like a little kid....but I have the job, bills, responsibilities of an adult. It kind of makes me uncomfortable.
I made a run to Sonic today for a Diet Dr. Pepper (and also to grab a few things for one of the staff's that I work with). I was in the middle of ordering when the lady interrupted me, gave me my total, and said "Thank You!" I guess I ordered too much stuff...at least she said thank you!
The police officer that normally directs traffic at the school I drive by every day wasn't there today. Instead, an extremely grumpy police officer was attempting to keep cars from ramming into each other. I wanted to get out of my car and give him a hug, but I resisted.
I always feel like I'm being judged when I walk into Grayson's daycare with my jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops on. All the other parents have on dressy outfits or suits. I'm sure they must think I'm one of those moms who puts her kids in daycare so I can spend the day shopping or eating lunch with friends or something. Maybe I should wear a sign that says, "I'm not lazy. I just have a cool job."
We got our first "Grayson had an accident...but he's ok" phone call today. The owner of the daycare called me this afternoon to tell me that Grayson lost his balance and fell face-forward into the tile floor. He has a pretty major bump on his forehead as a result. I'm sure he has a headache, too. He was pretty needy and fussy tonight. I debated taking him to get a CAT Scan, but that seemed like over-reacting. Now, I just feel like a bad mom.
In all seriousness, I need to ask for some prayers and good thoughts to be sent our way. It feels like one thing after another keeps happening latey. I would typically be able to deal with everything pretty well, but since everything keeps happening back to back to back, I'm feeling more and more like crawling in bed and hibernating for a few days. Of course, that woudnt solve anything....I just want to do it.
We love you all.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment