Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wow!  One of these days, I hope to blog more frequently, and not have to always have weekly "catch ups."  Unfortunately, this week isn't one of those weeks.  :)
  • David and I have had soooooooooooo much fun hanging out with Jarrett at LeBonheur this week.  Obviously, we wish that he wasn't there again, but we have loved being able to go see him every day.  Jarrett has been especially happy to see Uncle David every day.  In fact, one day this week when David walked in, Jarrett got so excited that he ended up setting off all of his monitoring alarms!!  He has been smiling and talking to me whenever he sees me, and I love love love it. :)
It was a scary couple of days last weekend.  Jarrett had an "episode" where he had a lot of trouble breathing.  My brother said the he was not just laboring to breathe; he was struggling.  So, in the middle of the night on Saturday, he was moved to PICU.  Thankfully, he only spent about 36 hours there, and he was back on the 8th floor by Monday afternoon.  He is currently on oxygen, eating through a tube, and getting poked, prodded, and tested throughout the day, but he is such a trooper.  I mean, seriously, he is an amazing little boy.  He has made some wonderful progress this week, and the doctors have started to turn down the amount of oxygen that he receives.  We continue to pray every day that he gets stronger and stronger, and, hopefully, he will be able to go home very soon!  
  • Remember a few posts ago when I told you that Ally and David had some excitement on the way to school last week?  Well, it turns out that they had an accident on the way to school!  Talk about a crazy morning!  As you know, Ally stayed with us last Wednesday and Thursday nights.  David was off during the week, so he took Ally to school each morning, while I took Grayson to daycare and headed to work.  On Friday morning, as I was packing my lunch, I called David to ask him a quick question.  (Thank goodness he has Bluetooth!!!)  Anyway, he and I were talking, and all the sudden I heard this loud bang.  David yelled, "Oh, s*#@! We just got hit!"  Oh, my goodness, I was terrified.  David and Ally were stopped at a stoplight when a guy in a Ford F-350 came up over the hill and couldn't stop in time.  He slammed into the back of them!  THANKFULLY, David drives a big truck, so it turned out that it was just a fender-bender, and no one was hurt...not even a scratch!    

It would have been much worse if we had been in the Rogue!  Anyway, I grabbed Grayson, and headed to where David and Ally were.  I took Ally to school, dropped Grayson off at daycare, ran home to check on David, and then headed to Jackson to see my client.  All in all, it was a VERY busy and crazy day.  BUT, like I said, no one was hurt, and we are sooooooo glad for that!  

  • The weather has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL this week, so David and I have tried to take advantage of it by spending as much time outdoors as possible.  So, one day, we went to the park with Grayson!  


He loves spending time outside, just looking around. We also went on a walk around the block last weekend (so Mommy could get some exercise), and he had a great time!  I can't wait until this summer when we can take him swimming and spend even more time outside.  Now that he's mobile, he's going to love getting dirty!  :)
  • I had to work all day yesterday, so Gammie came to stay with Grayson during the day.  We were soooooo thankful that she made the trip so that I could get some hours in!  :)  And, I don't think she minded too much coming to love on Grayson all day...and it looks like Grayson didn't miss Mommy too much:


  • We had quite a time with Grayson this week.  He came home from school last Friday with some green gook in his eyes, which I immediately knew was due to pink eye.

I mean, seriously?!?  
So, I took him to the doctor first thing Saturday morning where Dr. Catherine confirmed that he did indeed have pink eye.  BUT, he also had thrush!!!!  Ugh.  He came home with an antibiotic and some eye ointment (which is NOT FUN to get into his eyes), and directions to keep him away from everyone for a few days....fun times!! :) And, he has also been teething this week, so because of everything, he has been a little more needy than normal.  He doesn't ever get too fussy when he's teething (which is awesome), but he wants to be held more....and you know I don't mind that!  Anyway, it looks like, this time, he is getting two teeth at once!  He has been working on trying to push a top tooth through for the past couple weeks, but, a few days ago, he surprised us when a third bottom tooth popped in!  
Even though he still sleeps through the night when he's teething (which just amazes me!), I think the hurting just wears him out at times.  As I type, this is my view of our little man:
Isn't it just so cute how his little feet stick out from under the covers?  :)  
I had put him in his swing for just a minute so I could run upstairs and grab his dirty clothes...when I came back, I found this.  What a sweet boy!  I definitely recognize how lucky we are that teething with Grayson isn't worse than it is--I have heard so many horror stories about babies that are up all night, cry constantly, and can't be soothed. I can't imagine how stressful that is on everyone!  I am so thankful every day for what a great little boy we have.  How in the world did we get so lucky??
  • Weight Watchers is going GREAT!  David lost 6 pounds the first week, and I lost 5.6 pounds!  The weight loss has definitely slowed down this week, but we are still making progress.  The average amount we can expect to lose is 2 pounds each week, and I think we will be sticking pretty close to that.  (And, I have already had people mention that I look like I have lost weight!  Even though I don't notice it yet, it makes me feel encouraged that others notice.)  We have gotten into the routine of eating better, and we both have mentioned that we feel better, too.  Being on Weight Watchers has helped me get more into a routine, too!  I have been coming home, playing with Grayson, making dinner, getting Grayson ready for bed, and straightening up the house each night.  I must admit, this is not something that I did for the first several months of Grayson's life.  I think our schedules were just too chaotic, and I couldn't make sense of it all.  Stopping to grab dinner each night from whatever fast food restaurant was just easier!  But, now that we have committed to getting healthy, making dinner is more important than ever!  And, I can certainly say that I am MUCH happier now that I can take responsibility of the house things and not let it fall behind like it used to.  (I feel so much better as a wife, too!  I am not so cranky from constantly feeling like I can't keep up with everything...and I know I am much more pleasant to be around!) Isn't it amazing what one little life change can do?  :)
  • I want to ask for a quick prayer request: David has had some tests done the past couple of weeks, and they have found some potentially not-so-good news.  SO, he will be going in to have a biospy of his liver and some further testing done in April to see if the doctors can pinpoint what the problem is.  On top of that (and partly thanks to what may be wrong), though, he has just been feeling pretty crappy.  Please pray that, not only he gets to feeling better, but that they also don't find anything severe.  Grayson and I need him healthy and here at home with us!  :)
It's another busy week this week (as always).  Grayson has his school pictures this week, I have about 5 meetings I have to either be at or call into (as well as my monthly paperwork due), David will be heading to spend more time with Jarrett (and I will get there when I can), and we are hoping to actually get to the gym one day.  We are just loving life right now, though!!  As always, thanks so much for checking in with us!!!  We love you all!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment