As I was sitting in bed last night, reading my book and listening to David getting ready to go to work, I became overwhelmed with how blessed I am.
On the baby monitor, I could hear Grayson's cd and sound machine playing, and him breathing. He looked so peaceful laying there in his bed. He is the perfect little boy. I didn't realize it was possible to love someone as much as I love Grayson. I thought back tot he day I met David...how nervous I was to finally meet this guy who I had known only through text messages and 2 phone calls. I remember, though, how I was immediately comfortable with him. And, I remember how he made me laugh. Oh, he was so funny that night!!
When I think back to who I was on the night two and a half years ago, I know that I never imagined my life would end up like it has. Over the past two months, I have fallen even more in love with David. Our relationship certainly isn't perfect, and we don't pretend it is...but, especially our first year of marriage, I know without a doubt that David is the man that God made for me.
So, I thought about all this last night as I was falling asleep, and, like I sad, I became overwhelmed with how blessed I am. It literally knocked the wind right out of me! I will never understand why God has given me all that He has. I am a sinner, and deserve none of the grace and forgiveness He has bestowed on me. A few days after Grayson was born, David and I talked about the love a parent has for a child. The more I thought about it, the more I realized the feeling of love God has for us. I would jump in front of a moving car for Grayson...just as Jesus died so we could live. That He loves me THAT much, despite all the time I have turned away from Him, is just incredible!!
I'm not sure if any of this makes any sense--it's hard to put my feelings into words. All I know is that I love Grayson, and I love David, and I am so thankful for God putting these two guys in my life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment