I can't believe that it has been 10 weeks (almost to the hour) since Grayson became a part of our lives!! At times, it feels like it has been the fastest 10 weeks of our entire lives, but then, at other times, it's hard to remember our lives before Grayson.
Grayson,
You are 10 weeks old today, and each day you teach Daddy and I more and more. Like a said a few weeks ago, there are many, many reasons why I love you. Here are just a few:
- I love the way you smile when Daddy or I walk into the room. You have the sweetest smile we have ever seen, and the BEST laugh. We find ourselves spending most of our time figuring out new ways to make you smile or laugh. Luckily, you are easily amused (or you just think Daddy and I are funny looking!)
- I love that you are such an easy little boy! You like knowing what to expect, but you definitely let us know if you don't like something. You usually go to bed around 7:30pm each night, and you wake up around 6:30am each morning. You are ALWAYS happy in the morning, but you are usually ready to eat pretty quickly. :) And, just like clock-work, you eat 6 ounces of formula every 4 hours. (And, it's every 4 hours exactly. We can seriously set our watches to your eating schedule!) Your favorite part of the morning is getting to see Daddy--whether he is just coming home from work, or just waking up.
- I love that you are learning to love Cordi and Bailey, and they are learning to love you. Cordi is especially protective of you, and likes to lay close to wherever you are. Bailey just loves to give you kisses. :)
- I love that you like to cuddle with me when I get home from work. You are so content just sitting in my lap in the recliner, looking out the window. Your other favorite place to sit is on your Bumbo chair.
- I love that you love being outside so much. Daddy and I bought a seat for you to go on the bike of our bikes, and we bought a jogging stroller for you to sit in. Every time we take you outside, you just stare at the sky and the trees. I pray that your love for being outside continues.
- I love that, when we are out in public and someone comes up to tell us how cute you are, you always smile and laugh at them. You are such a flirt!
- I love that you are able to put yourself to sleep! Right now, as I type this, you are in your crib, eyes wide open, relaxing. I am so lucky to be able to rock you, lay you in your crib, and you lay there quietly until you go to sleep. You are so cute with your big, wide eyes as you laugh and coo at your monkey mobile.
- I love how you look at your daddy and me like we hung the moon and the stars...like we have all the answers...like you would be happy forever if you could just stay in our arms. It's amazing the amount of love that we feel for you and from you.
Grayson, you are loved more than you will ever know. There is no way to put into words how much you mean to your Daddy and me. We can't wait to see what the next 10 weeks with you will be like!
Here's an update on the other happenings in the life of Mr. G-man!
- After he went to see Dr. Charles on his 9 week birthday, we were given the go-ahead to feed Grayson some formula thickened with rice cereal (to help his reflux symptoms). Dr. Charles was adamant about NOT giving him the rice cereal in a bottle, so......here is his first attempt at eating cereal from a spoon! (He did a pretty good job, and LOVES to eat his cereal!)
- Grayson really enjoys the days that he gets to stay home with Daddy. David is able to get him to smile and laugh like no one else can, and David gets some GREAT pictures. Anyway, Grayson really loves to play on his playmat and listen to his music:
- On the days that David sleeps in the morning, Grayson is always very excited to see his daddy when he wakes up. Evidently, he has a lot to tell Daddy...but, as soon as he sees Mommy with the camera, he stops talking. :)
- Grayson is getting very excited about his first Halloween! Isn't he the cutest little pumpkin?!
And, as always, some more pictures of our little angel:
Thank you for checking back in with us! We love you!
P.S. If you haven't already, check out the video of our wedding ceremony in the post below! We can't believe that was only one year ago! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment