Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a week!

Well, I have officially survived my first week at my new job.  In this past week, I put almost 500 miles on David's car, became the next UNO world champion, and successfully managed my first crisis.  My boss has told me that I have been doing a good job more than once, so I would say it was a successful week.  We'll see how this next week goes....

On Tuesday, I got a text message from my dad asking me if I heard what had happened to him that morning.  I hadn't, but I soon did.  My dad is a tow-truck driver, and he was taking a truck that one of his co-workers had loaded to Jackson.  He turned the corner, and said that the truck felt like it almost rolled right off, so Dad immediately pulled over to re-tighten and load the truck.  He unhooked it, and was moving to the other side of the flatbed when the truck started to roll backwards (straight at him)!  Dad moved out of the way before he got smashed, but his foot was crushed and stuck.  Dad was able to attempt to reach his arms out to flag down some cars passing on the highway, but no one stopped to help.  Finally, after about 10 minutes, he called 911 from his cell phone.  Unfortunately, if you don't already know, when you call 911 from a cell phone, they don't know your location.  So, it took Dad 3 times of telling operators what happened before he was connected to the Madison County department.  About a minute after he got off the phone, a state trooper saw Dad stuck and came running up to him.  Dad was able to talk him through what to do to release the truck from his foot.  Then, 2 more state troopers (who had heard the call go out on the radio and came to help because they just had a feeling it was my dad), an ambulance, Dad's boss, and co-worker all showed up.  Dad went to the hospital, and, thankfully, no bones are broken in his foot.  His ankle is crushed into his leg and he has no feeling in the back half of his foot or his heel.  He is in a walking cast for now, and hopefully will have no long-term tissue damage.  For now, everything is too swollen and black and blue for anyone to really look at it well.  I was able to go up and visit Mom and Dad this week, which I am VERY thankful for!!

On Friday, Sara and I went to Jennifer's house to say good-bye.  :(  She and her sweet little family moved to Nashville this weekend.  I am going to miss her so much!!!  I really enjoyed the visit of talking, laughing, crying, and loving on Baby Adalyn.  THANK YOU, Jennifer for the tips (and the presents...ha!)!  And, I promise I do know what a washcloth looks like!!!!  :)  WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday was Ally's 7th birthday party for her church friends, but Mom and I drove down to join in the fun.  Ally had her party at Jump! in Southaven, and I think everyone was exhausted by the time we left.  After the party, we went to lunch, and then back to the Pollard Plank's house to watch Ally open her presents.  She really cleaned up!!  I can't believe that my little Bug is growing up so fast!  It seems like just last year that she turned 1.  She is such a sweet little girl with a HUGE heart, and I love her so much.  I am more than honored to be her Aunt.
After we hung out for a bit, I had a surprise email about some work that I had to take care of, which totally put me in a sour mood.  Mom and I decided shortly after that it was time to head home.  When I got back to Memphis, David and I drove out to Arlington to pick up a BBQ butt that we had ordered from our friend Justin's BBQ cooking team.  As we were driving home, we decided that we would stop by the Nissan place so that we could look more closely at the Rogues.  David had been researching them online, and we thought we would like one, but we wanted to see for ourselves.  We test drove one, and of course I fell in love.  Before I knew it, we had signed the papers and the Rogue was ours!!!  I was so happy, I cried.  (Yes, I am a DORK!)
It's the first brand new car I have ever owned.  :)  It will be just perfect for all the driving I am doing for my job AND for all the new baby stuff that I will have to start hauling around soon.  (And, I think Grayson loves it...he kicked the whole time we were signing the papers AND the whole way home!)  I woke up this morning and walked outside to make sure it was still in the driveway because I still can't believe we bought a car last night!  And, I HIGHLY recommend Wolfchase Nissan.  The guys there were GREAT, and they stayed 2 hours past their closing time.  (I know, they were getting a sale and all, but they really were very helpful and wonderful).

So, today we just plan on having a David and Esther day.  We haven't been able to have one of those in quite a while.  Of course, I have some work I need to finish up, and I am sure there are some errands we need to run....it wont' be a completely lazy day.  But, it will be fun just the same!  :)

I hope each of you have had a very happy and restful weekend.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment