Sunday, April 4, 2010

The last weekend...

It's been a great weekend!  I am already starting to get the feeling of dread that tomorrow is Monday.  Does my vacation really have to end?  :)
Friday, I had a meeting with my new boss, and then I was able to go visit Jennifer and Adalyn.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay as long as I wanted, but I was still glad to get to see the two of them (and Sara, too, of course!).  Addy has grown soooooo much, and I LOVED getting to hold her and love on her.  Jennifer, Justin, and Adalyn are moving to Nashville next weekend, so I am hoping to get to visit them at least one more time before they go.  We are going to miss them!!! I also spent some time Friday afternoon getting prepared for registering...there is so much we have to get, and it's all a little overwhelming.  On Friday night, David and I met up with the Turner family, and turned over the keys to the Xterra.  Kim and Tad bought our truck for their daugther, Larkin.  We are sad to see it go, but Larkin was so excited when she got it that she couldn't stop screaming!!!!  This means that, for at least the next few weeks, we are a one car family.  Thankfully, because of David's schedule, I don't think it will be that big of a deal.  Hopefully in the next month or so, though, we can get me a new car.  YAY!

David's mom and sister-in-law came in town on Saturday morning, so I spent some time before they came cleaning up the house for their arrival.  While I was cleaning, David started working on the nursery.  He painted the walls, so now we have to finish up the trim, and clean the carpet before we can move any furniture in.  I am excited to see it all come together in the next couple months.  When David's family arrived, we went to lunch, and then spent some time shopping.  They bought Grayson some really really really cute clothes, which we are incredibly grateful for.  David and I had picked out the furniture that we wanted to buy for Grayson's room, so while we were at Babies 'R Us, we decided to go ahead and order it.  Easier said than done, that's for sure.  We went to order it, and the guy told us the chaning table/dresser was discontinued.  Bummer.  So, we came home and and looked for it online.  The only place that sells it is Babies 'R Us, and it showed on their website that they had some in stock!  At this point, I was confused.  I went to order it, and saw that we would have had to pay $250 in shipping!  NO WAY!  David called the company, and they said that the store at Riverdale showed that they had one, so we called the store at Riverdale.  The lady we talked to said that their warehouse had 1 in stock.  YAY!  We couldn't order it over the phone, but she said that if we got there before they closed, we should have no problem getting it.  David, his family, and I jumped in the car to head to the store.  When we got there, the lady messed around on her computer for a few mintues, and then told us that, for some reason, the warehouse had the dresser/combo on hold.  In other words, we coudln't order it.  To make the rest of the long story short, we didn't get the furniture.  :(  We do have a few other options, so we are going to look around some more. 

Today has been a beautiful Easter Sunday, and David and I have enjoyed spending it as a quiet day around the house.  We had steaks on the grill this afternoon, and then said goodbye to his mom and sister.  I have papers to grade and work to do before tomorrow, so that's probably how the rest of the day will go.  It is so nice having the windows open, the house clean, and no plans!  I absolutely love days like this.  :)  We hople that you and your family have had a blessed Easter as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment