As I mentioned in my last post, I spent some time last week getting our rental house in order. I also spent some time trying to get my work life in order. Then, on Thursday, my husband and I took some time for us. We had a much needed date day! :) We started off the day by goign to lunch. Let me tell you, a lunch without kids is so relaxing! I mean, we didn't fully appreciate how nice it is to be able to eat our food without a kid dropping a toy on the floor, or screaming, or spilling a drink. We literally savored out meal. Then, we went to the movies. I honestly can't remember the last time we went to the movies. We saw "Zero Dark Thirty." It was really good. I normally don't like war movies, but I really like this one. And, it wasn't too political--which I was definitely thankful for.
Friday, I spent the day in meetings, then I rushed home to get ready for our Girls' Night. It was so. much. fun. Seriously. We drank wine, ate snacks, and bought jewelry. Seriously--it can't get any better than that! (Plus, I got ove $300 in jewelry and only spent $85!) David is on weekends this month, and I hate the months he works weekends. That means he sleeps during the day while I have both stinkers to myself. I love my kids so so so so much, but they are so crazy on the weekends--and I just don't get any relief. Saturday, we took a 3 hour drive around Memphis. 3 hours...that just shows how crazy they are. Sunday, we took a ride over to our old house to check out the painting process, and then we came back home for lunch. Grayson spent 2 hours in his room, but never napped. Just one of those days. That afternoon, Finnley and I went to a birthday party, while Grayson and Daddy played with the neighbors. Overall, it has been a good month so far. :)
Some random notes:
- I broke down and ordered an Erin Condren Life Planner. I got one 2 years ago, but decided that I would just stick to the planners I can buy at Target. Well, this past week, they were having a sale, and I just couldn't help myself. I love that I am able to keep all of my stuff in one place instead of trying to keep 3 separate calendars straight. I can't wait until it comes!!
- Grayson has started talking back to us, and it is so hilarious and frustrating at the same time. The other day, we were walking around Hobby Lobby, and he decided to start screaming, "Don't be so bossy, Mommy!" He has also become quite the little backseat driver. The minute the light turns green, he yells, "It's green! Go, Mommy!" I try to savor these moments and not get upset at hime when he tells us to "shut up" or says something is "stupid." (Seriously!??! Where is he picking this stuff up?) I know one day I will miss it.
- I am starting to see just how smart Finnley is. She still doesn't talk much, but she listens so well!! I can tell her to pick up her cup, find her foo-foo, get her dolly, etc, and she does it. She also has started nodding yes. She doesn't listen all the time, though--she has learned from her brother and has become quite the little trouble-maker. :)
- My grandma and grandpa Plank were in a car accident yesterday. They were driving home and were hit by a semi at a stop light. The semi driver ran a red light and then didn't even stop after he hit them! Thank goodness, they weren't seriously injured. Grandpa had a nasty bump on his head. They had trouble getting Grandma out of the car because of the way they were hit, and they thought she had some broken bones in her hand and leg, but she doesn't. She is just banged up pretty badly. She will be in the hospital for a few days and then will go to a rehab hosptial for a while. She had a stroke several months ago and has made amazing progress--so we are praying this won't hinder her too badly. Please pray for them. I have a feeling some tough decisions are ahead for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment