Thursday, February 7, 2013

A little help from my friends....

Good morning, y'all! 
I don't know about you, but I am so thankful it's Thursday!!  :)

This week has been a little crazy for us.  I am so blessed that my job is as flexible as it is, because it's weeks like this that I would lose my mind if it was any other way:

Last year, we were unable to sell our house before we moved into our new home in C-ville.  We had it listed for several months, and had several viewings, but nothing panned out in terms of a buyer.  SO, we decided to try to rent it out.  Thankfully, my very good friend and her friend decided to move in, and the past year has been great.  I don't know if any of you have ever been landlords, but it is extremely stressful--it was a comfort knowing that we had people living in our house who we knew were responsibe and actually take care of it.  Well, fast forward a year, and both girls have had some major life happenings.  We are so so so happy for both of them!!!  BUT, it means that we are now back to looking for someone to rent out house...again.  UGH.  So, Monday, I spent the morning at the house touching up some paint, cleaning, and generally just getting it ready.  David came over in the afternoon and mowed the yard while I worked on the flower bed.  By the time we left that afternoon, we were ready for our rental management agecny to take over.  They will be fixing some carpet spots, doing a deep clean, and painting.  Please pray they find renters sooner than later!!!

Yesterday, we spent the day in Dickson with David's mom and grandmother.  I always love visiting with them, but it makes for such a whirlwind of a day.  By the time we got home last night, we were all exhausted.  BUT, it was a fun day!

Now what the heck does the title of this post mean????  Well, we are going through a time with Grayson that I am just completely befuddled about.  I just don't know what to do.  For the past 2 weeks or so, he has been having trouble going to sleep each night--he keeps crying and yelling out that he is scared.  When we ask him what he is scared of, he says of monsters and dinosaurs.  We have talked at length with him each day and at night before bed about how monsters and dinosaurs aren't real (I mean, it's close--you can't really explain extinction to a 2 year old), and about how Mommy and Daddy will make sure he's safe.  Yet, he will still cry for at least an hour each night!  I feel like us going in there over and over and over is actually making it worse--and part of me feels like he may not be as scared as he wants us to believe.  Have any of you gone through anything like this before???  Last night, David took a flashlight into Grayson's room and told him that it was a special flashlight that would make the monsters and dinosaurs go away.  We told him to shine the flashlight and tell them to "Go away!  I'm sleeping!"  That seemed to work a little bit, and I heard him in there telling whatever he was scared of to "Go away!  I sleeping!"...but, he still cried for over 45 minutes.  I know he's tired when he goes to bed, so putting him to bed later won't help, I'm sure.  HELP, friends!!!  Any ideas of how to help our little boy????

No comments:

Post a Comment