For those of you who are new to the blog, my BFF is the oh-so-wonderful Kim.
We met way too long ago in college, and she has been my rock ever since. Seriously. She is my sister from another mister. Kim has been the one constant in my life for the past 10+ years: through the boys, the breakups, the drama, the moves, the marriages, the babies, the heartbreaks, the celebrations, the joys, the pains, and everything in between. I can always always always count on Kim to love me, even if she doesn't like me. She's the kind of friend that you can go for months without talking to (which has happened, unfortunately), but when you answer the phone, it's like you never stopped. I am so thankful for her! And, I am so thankful for her hubby--he has become family, too! :)
We picked the kids up from school on Friday afternoon. Grayson was so excited--he couldn't stop saying that he was going to Missouri for the weekend to see Aunt Kim and Uncle Travis and play outside. :) We were hoping he would get a little nap on the way--instead, he talked the whole trip. Hey, he gets it from his Mama.
(I really wish I had taken more pictures of the weekend, but it just was too crazy chasing the kids around and trying to keep them from tearing the entire house apart.)
Anyway, we met Kim and Travis at Lambert's for dinner. The kids LOVED it! Finnley is our little nosey Rosey, so she had a blast just watching the people that walked by. Grayson kept standing up in the booth with a look of awe on his face (between bites of fried okra and rolls with sorgham, of course), and trying to catch the rolls that were tossed our way. David and I were exhausted by this point, and so happy to be with our friends.
We headed back to the house for some sleep, and, after fighting to get Grayson to calm down in bed, we hit the hay. Saturday was spent relaxing, eating, napping, watching movies, going to look at animals, looking at choo-choos, terrorizing Bosco, and relaxing some more. It was great. The boys went to pick up some deer meat, and when they got back, Grayson came running in the house telling me all about the tractors and bulldozers and dumptrucks he saw. He loved looking at the Turkeys and baby quails, and he was so excited when he got a firetruck from the store. He and Bosco were fast friends--Bosco licked Grayson's ears and Grayson chased Bosco around the house until both were exhausted.
On Saturday night, I enjoyed drinking an entire bottle of wine all by myself. :) I can't remember the last time I did that!
We headed back home on Sunday morning, and the kids barely made it out of the driveway before they crashed.
We took the scenic route home (through West Tennessee), and stopped in Covington for lunch. It was such a fun time with my little family--I cherish moments like that.
The entire weekend went by too quickly, as every weekend we spend together does. I wish that we had been able to spend more time together, but it was so enjoyable just being in a place where I could be myself, no pretenses, 100%. We have already made plans to head back up in the Spring!!
Thanks for having us, Kim and Travis! We love you so much!!








No comments:
Post a Comment