This is going to be quite the rambling mess of a post. Just a warning!
Tuesday, we took Finnley to the chiropractor. David had mentioned at work one night that she had horrible reflux and one of his co-workers mentioned that chiropractic medicine as a treatment. So, David and I did some research, made the call, and took her in to Dr. Tammy. I had been to a chiropractor before, but a pediatric chiropractor is totally different that anything that I expected. Basically, she did an exam and stated that Finn’s C1 was out of place. She adjusted her (pretty much gave her little neck a baby massage), checked some reflexes, and told us that we needed to work on having Finn look the other way because she turns her head to the right so much. I’m telling you, the results have been fantastic, even after just one adjustment. Every feeding since her appointment has gone so well! She doesn’t cough and choke through eating, and she is so much less congested after eating. She also has slept like a rock the past 2 nighta: almost 7 straight hours between feedings. On Tuesday night, she was so tired that she wouldn’t take her dream feed when David tried to give it to her. David also mentioned that she is much less fussy during the day. We took her this morning and will go again next week, so we will see if all this has just been a fluke, or if the results will get even better. Dr. Tammy did mention that, since she’s so little, it might not take many adjustments before we can take her off her Prevacid completely. YAY!
We are in the process of Project Drop-the-FooFoo. Since Finnley has been born, Grayson has become obsessed with having his foofoo in his mouth any time he is home. He is fine at school without it, and he doesn’t ask for it if he doesn’t see it, but he will often go into his room, grab one out of his bed, and walk around with it. So, we are doing away with his free access to them. We gathered up all his foofoo’s yesterday while he is at school and gave him one at bedtime. We debated getting rid of them all together, but I want to wait to see how this goes first. The poor kid has been through so many changes in the past 2 months that I don’t want to do too much to upset him anymore.
Grayson is growing up too fast! He is ready to start potty-training, and I just don’t know where to start. Do any of you mom’s have any suggestions? Should we teach him to stand up or sit down to pee? Should we use the big potty or get him a little one of his own? How did ya’ll start the process?
I started back to work this week, and it has been more of an adjustment than I had anticipated. Currently, David is working weekends, so he is helping watch her until she starts daycare on March 5th (which I am not looking forward to). It’s great that he is able to stay home during the week. Since my job is so flexible, we actually had this schedule for the first 4 months of Grayson’s life! This is how our weeks usually look:
Mondays: David sleeps in AM; I get both kids up and ready, then take Grayson to school and then hang at home with Finn until David gets up around 1pm. Then I go to work until about 6pm. David picks up Grayson in the afternoon and has both kids by himself until I get home.
Tuesdays: David sleeps in AM; I get both kids up and ready, then take Grayson to school and then hang at home with Finn until David gets up around noon. Then I go to work until about 6pm.
Wednesdays and Thursdays: I get Grayson up and ready, then take him to school. I work until 4:30pm or so while David gets Finn up and ready and hangs at home with her. He picks up Grayson in the afternoon and has both kids by himself until I get home.
Fridays: I get Grayson up and ready, then take him to school. I work until around 2pm while David gets Finn up and ready and hangs at home with her. I pick up Grayson from school and have both kids by myself while David naps before work. He usually gets up around 6:30pm or so and we have family time until we put the kids to bed.
Saturdays and Sundays: I get both kids up and ready and hang at home with them all day while David sleeps until around 3:00pm or so. Then we have family time.
Once Finn starts daycare, we will go back to our typical routine of me dropping off in the morning and David picking them up. While I hate that Finn is going to daycare at only 2 months old (Grayson didn’t start until he was 6 months!), I am definitely looking forward to having a much easier routine.
I just realized I have never posted about the dining room table that my dad made for us:
Isn’t it AWESOME?!? He MADE it! We love it, and it is just what we wanted. Now, we just have to find chairs to go around it.
Dad also made Grayson a step-stool:
I keep telling Dad that he needs to go into business, but, so far, he hasn’t listened.
I need to get back to straightening the house and organizing the office…blogging was a great procrastination tool! Thanks for checking in on us! As always, we love you all!

1 comment:
That table is beautiful!
Post a Comment