Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday Ramblings

I'm exhausted.

I had my 30 week check-up with Dr. Dewane on Tuesday.  I also got my flu shot and Rogam shot at the appointment. Finnley's heartrate was 144, and the doctor said that she is just perfect as she can be: growing just fine and moving like she should.  I also found out that I gained 4 pounds since my last appointment--yay!  So, I am officially up 3lbs from my first doctor appointment.  So excited!  Now, if I can just keep it up!  :)

Grayson was sick last week....again.  We noticed last weekend that he started having a runny nose and a cough that sounded like it was coming from his chest.  We also noticed he wasn't eating as much as he usually does.  So, I made an appointment with Dr. Catherine for Monday afternoon just to get him all checked out.  David took him, and the verdict was that it was just a cold.  Thank goodness.  BUT, the puniness and bad notes from from school kept coming.  We knew he just wasn't feeling right.  Wednesday night was especially rough--he did not want to go to bed, would not stop crying, kept waking up when he did sleep, and started wheezing.  I made an appointment with Dr. Catherine first thing Thursday morning.  Turns out, it was a sinus infection and a cold...so, we were sent home with breathing treatments and an antibiotic.  David and I split the day on Thursday, so I didn't leave for work until after noon and I got home around 8:30pm that night....to a husband who wasn't feeling well himself.  A stomach bug.  Grayson still wasn't feeling well Friday, so I stayed home all day taking care of him and David.  Thankfully, the boys started feeling well better by Saturday, and it seemed that things were headed back to normal.

David has to fly a certain number of hours in the cock-pit of a FedEx plane each year in order to keep his certification as a flight dispatcher.  This year, he decided to do a quick flight to Ft. Lauderdale and back on Tuesday night.  So, Grayson and I hung out while Daddy was gone.  Grayson missed his daddy like crazy.  By Wednesday morning (he hadn't seen David since Monday night), every word out of the boy's mouth was "Dada!"  It was really cute.  And, of course, Grayson was such a good little boy the whole time.  I had to lie down for a bit because I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions, and Grayson just played and played with his toys.  What a good boy!

David got home around midnight, and I woke up to talk to him.  He mentioned that his ears were really bothering him, and that the pressure from the flight had really hurt him.  By Wednesday morning, he could hardly hear out of his ears.  So, after my meeting, we headed to the doctor.  The verdict: strep throat!  (I was very surprised because he wasn't running a fever and he never mentioned that his throat hurt...but, the doctor said that sometimes the pain from strep throat actually occurs in the ears instead!)  He got a sinus shot to clear up the fluid in his ears (and hopefully help him hear!), and an antibiotic to help clear up the strep.  He also got strict instructions to stay away from Grayson.  Yes, that's right: Grayson had to go another night without seeing his daddy.  :(   David hung out upstairs in the bonus room all night while Grayson and I were downstairs.  I did get him a mask so he was able to talk to Grayson for about 5 minutes--but Grayson was too unsure of what was going on and didn't enjoy it as much as we thought he would.  As of this morning, it appears that David got some good rest yesterday and last night, and Grayson doesn't seem to have any symptoms of strep.  Let's hope it stays that way!  (And, since he has been on an antibiotic for 24 hours, he and Grayson can finally be reunited tonight! YAY!)

They haven't really made much progress on our house this week.  This is the time we were dreading because we knew it would go sooooo slow--waiting for the sheet rock to get done.  I can't believe we are less than 2 months away from our closing date!  I'm not ready!  :)

I guess that's about it.  I am just ready for everything to slow down a bit....who am I kidding, though?!?  Things aren't going to slow down around here for a looooooong time.  Anyway, thanks for checking in on us!  As always, we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment