I am 23 weeks pregnant today! I haven't gotten sick in about a week (thank goodness!), and Finnley is definitely getting bigger each day! I'm not sure if I look any bigger, but I have had more people mention things about my bump. Also, I have been feeling lots of stretching and aches/pains lately, especially my c-section scar. Some days it feels like its going to rip completely open! Ouch! I go in for my glucose test on October 3. Please pray I pass!
We have our pre-construction meeting with the builders on Friday afternoon. They will be staking out the floor plan of our house this week, so we will be able to get an idea of how it will look on our land. I am so excited to get this process started! We have already selected all of the interior items: cabinets, counter tops, paint, floor, etc. We have also picked out the brick and exterior paint. We still need to pick out the tile and the lighting, but, other than that, we are just waiting on the ground breaking! :)
Grayson is having tubes put in his ears and his adnoids taken out on Friday morning. He has had 4 ear infections in 5 months, so the doctor feels like this will really make a difference. We are hoping so! Surgery should only last about 20 minutes, and then he will be in recovery for about an hour. The doctor said he should be back to himself by the afternoon!
We have started making dinner at home every night and eating dinner at the table as a family. Grayson seems to love it, and so do Mommy and Daddy. Before now, we fed Grayson his dinner and then David and I ate later in the evening. But, I love that we all get to sit at the dinner table and talk about our day. So fun!
Nothing else is really going on. We are working like crazy, loving each other like mad, and having lots of fun!
Grayson has grown sooooo much, and I can't believe he is 13 months old now! He has started really communicating with us both with words and signs. He can sign: all done, stop, and more; and he functionally says; uh oh, dada, mama, yeah, booboo, and byebye. He doesn't walk anymore because he runs everywhere...and he LOVES to wave at everyone. He waves all the time! We have joked that we are going to get him a job at Wal-mart as a greeter. :) The director of the school is about to move Grayson up to the 2-year old class since he's so big. I'm anxious to see how the bigger kids change his behavior. Ha! Grayson can also follow lots of directions: close the ___, give this to ____, go sit in your Tennessee chair, throw this away, wipe the table, give me your foo-foo, sit down, stand up, come here, and let's go to the car. He can point to his nose when you ask where it is, and he loves to read his favorite book because he says "uh-oh" at just the right time! He wants to do EVERYTHING independently and gets upset if we do something for him.
I guess that's all for now. Thanks for checking in on us! As always, we love you all!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment