So, I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write a post about everything that has been going on lately. I am on my work computer, so I don't have any pictures right now, but I will try to upload some soon, so you can see what we have been up to!
Grayson had his surgery last Friday. He did okay, but it wasn't as easy as we had hoped it would be. We had to be at the surgery center at 6:00am, which was SUPER EARLY for all of us. Grayson couldn't have anything to eat or drink from midnight on, so he wasn't pleased that he couldn't have his breakfast. In fact, he kept sitting down at the little table at the center, looking around for his food (since that's where he eats at school). :) We got all checked in, and then we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited some more. FINALLY, around 8:30am or so, we were able to go back to meet with Dr. Klug, the nurses, the ansethesologists, and get Grayson all ready to go. The whole surgery took about 20 minutes. Dr. Klug came in to talk to us...he gave us the run-down of all the medications Grayson would need to take and what to expect once we got home. Then, we were able to go see our little guy. He was MISERABLE! He was screaming and crying, and I could tell he was hurting so bad. :( I snuggled with him, gave him some juice and his foo-foo, but he was just in too much pain. The nurse gave him some medicine, which knocked him out, and a little while later we were headed home. Grayson slept until about 1:00pm, then got up and ate a little lunch. He napped on and off for the rest of the day, and went to bed early that night. It took him a few days to completely get back to himself, but now he is doing great! The doctor said that the adnoid area healing can cause some pretty horrible bad breath...he wasn 't kidding! It has been awful! But, we are so glad that our little guy is all better....and we are hoping we won't have anymore ear infections for a while!
David's mom came down this past weekend, too! We had to meet with our builders on Friday afternoon for the pre-construction meeting, so Pam hung out with Grayson while we were gone. She also hung out with him in the play room during the football party on Saturday. Grayson loves his Gammie, that's for sure, and I am positive that the feeling is mutual. Pam treated us to dinner on Friday night and lunch on Sunday...thanks, Pam! It was all delicious! :)
Speaking of our house, we have broken ground!!! YAY! The foundation is supposed to be poured today, and framing will hopefully start on Monday. It has been so crazy to go out to the lot each afternoon and see our house being built! It has made everything seem sooooo real. (I know that sounds crazy, but, so far, we have only seen our home on paper. It's prety awesome to see it all laid out in front of us!) We still have to decide on the tile and the lighting, but, other than that, we are just waiting to watch the builders do their thing!
Work has been more than busy lately, and, honestly, more than frustrating. I try really really hard not to bring it all home with me each night, but it has been hard, especially with the fact that I have gotten at least one crisis call each night...sometimes multiple ones! UGH! Thankfully, I do enjoy what I do...it's just hard to look past the people that are in charge of the companies I work with sometimes.
We have a pretty relaxing weekend planned, thank goodness. Grayson and I have some errands to run in the morning, and then we may head out to browse a huge neighborhood garage sale that is going on since the weather will be so nice. We have talked about going to the harvest festival at the Zoo tomorrow afternoon, but I am not sure if that will happen or not. Otherwise, we just plan on taking it easy and spending some time together! I love weekends like this...it feels like we are always on the go!
As always, thanks for checking in on us. We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment