Well, it's been a crazy long time since the last time I updated. But, since today is a cloudy, rainy day in the land of Memphis, I figured it would be the perfect day for an update! Now, where to begin.....
The last several weeks have been absolutely insane in the Bledsoe house. It all started with our emptying out the attic to get it ready for remodeling. It took almost 3 weeks for it to get done, but we finally got it framed, wired, walls, new air conditioning, and floor. It looks completely different, and we love it!! As we were in the middle of remodeling, we ordered new carpet for our entire house. What an adventure that was!! Since we were getting carpet in every room and closet (except the kitchen), we had to get EVERYTHING that sat on our floors up off the floor. What a job! Plus, on top of everything, I had to study and sit for my comprehensive exams: 2 days of 7 hours of writing answers to essay questions. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed! Anyway, we finally got the house ready for carpet, and almost 10 hours after the workers arrived, the house looked like new! I think putting everything back where it goes was more overwhelming than taking it all apart, but the carpet looks GREAT! We absolutely could not be happier with our decision! :)
Once the carpet was done, we picked out paint and a ceiling fan for our new bonus room. We also ordered Grayson's crib and changing table/dresser! We have had SUCH a hassle finding his furniture, so I was relieved when we found some online for a really good deal! We ordered it the day that the carpet was being put it, and got the changing table dresser about 4 days later. I couldn't believe how quickly it came! Unfortunately, the crib was put on backorder...I got an email that said it wouldn't be available until May 25, and I was soooooooooooooo bummed! (David calls this kind of thing the "Bledsoe curse," and I am starting to believe it really does exist!!)
This past week has been probably the craziest of all. David painted the bonus room, and we put together Grayson's changing table/dresser. We love it! And, the best surprise of all was, literally in the middle of us putting together the changing table/dresser, the doorbell rang. We ran downstairs to find...our crib!! YAY!! So, David started putting together the crib one day this week, and, when it's finished, the room is really going to start coming together! :) Then, yesterday, we finally moved furniture into the bonus room. We have our futon, coffee table, tv stand, tv, desk, and a bunch of other stuff in there. I am sooooooo glad that it's finally done! We have to wait for DirecTV to come and set up the satellite, so we can't watch TV up there yet, but we are really excited to have our new room (and our house) complete! :)
Work has been fabulous the past couple weeks. It's been crazier than ever, but it's been so rewarding. Luckily, David is the most amazingly supportive husband in the whole world, and he has been so very understanding with me as I navigate through all the learning that I have to do. Also, I am blessed with a fabulous boss who encourages every step of the way. I really have learned so much, I couldn't be happier with my new job!!!
And, of course, Grayson is still doing wonderfully! He has really started to kick Mommy HARD! I love the feeling of it!!! My favorite part of everything, though, is watching how exciting David gets about every part of us being pregnant: Grayson kicking and moving, getting the room set up, and talking about the dreams we have for our son. This is absolutely the most magical time I have ever experienced!!! I go back to the doctor tomorrow for my glucose test. I am definitely not looking forward to drinking the nasty stuff, and then sitting there for an hour, BUT, I am making the best of it: I plan on taking some work with me that I need to get done...maybe that will take my mind off of what is actually going on. HA!
I hope to get some pictures of our new room and Grayson's room sometime very soon so everyone can see. We hope you love it as much as we do!!
Grayson and Mommy at 26 weeks pregnant! :)
We love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment