Sunday, May 30, 2010

12 more weeks?!?!?!

There hasn't been too many exciting things going on in the world of the Bledsoes since last week. 
Last Friday, I defended my comprehensive exam....and passed!!  WOOHOO!!!!  I am one step closer to graduation--and praying that I can make it through my dissertation and graduate in August!!  But, passing my comps is a huge relief.

Last weekend, Karen and Adam (David's sister and brother-in-law) came into town to visit.  They arrived on Friday afternoon (after an eventful trip), and stayed until Sunday afternoon.  On Friday night, I met them and David in Overton Square, and we ate at Bayou Grill...yummy!!!!  It was delicious, and so much fun to hang out with!  After dinner, we decided to stop and get some dessert: a chocolate french silk pie.  Well, when we arrived home, as David was eating a piece, he set his pie on the table.  Before we knew it, Bailey ate some of the pie!!  It was so funny! 

On Saturday, I woke up early, and went to get my hair done.  It was so nice to have some time to myself, and, trust me, my hair needed to be done....BAD!  The rest of the day was spent just relaxing and hanging out.  Then, Saturday night was our first baby shower!  :)  David's friends, Ashley and Donna, organized an amazing couple's cookout/baby shower for us.  We had so much fun visiting with our friends, and Grayson was blessed with some awesome gifts.  It's hard to believe that he is due to arrive in less than 12 weeks!!!!

Sunday, we all slept in, and then ate a homemade breakfast that my amazing husband made.  Karen and Adam left in early afternoon, and David and I spent the rest of the day spending time in our new upstairs room.  I was so excited about getting Grayson's bouncy chair and swing at the shower, that I just had to put them together!  I also worked on organizing some of his nursery...although there still is a LOT to do.  It's all starting to come together, though...I can't wait until it's done and he is spending time in it!  Overall, we had a GREAT weekend...I certainly did not want Monday to roll around again.

The rest of this week was spent with work, work, and more work.  David has been more than patient as I navigate my way through this new job, and I appreciate him more and more every day!  I know that I am very very lucky because he has arranged his schedule to stay home with Grayson during the week for the first four months.  I am not sure how many husbands would do that, so I am definitely not taking it for granted. 

This weekend, we are in Nashville spending some with David's family.  I think this weill be the last time that we will get to travel to visit them before Grayson makes his arrival.  Then, this next week, we are going for our 4d ultrasound...one of David's friends hooked us up with this amazing gift, and we are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!  It will be neat to see how much Grayson has changed in that past 9 weeks.  I will be sure to post the pictures so you all can see!!

We love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment