Sometimes I feel like the world is spinning so fast around me and I just have to hang on. That's the way it has seemed lately anyway.
There is always something going on. Always.
And usually it's not great. Lately? It's been sickness. With 2 kids in daycare, they bring something home almost every week. That's the most frustrating thing about daycare: that other parents send their kids to school sick and then my kids get sick. So, for the first 2 weeks of May, we have all been dealing with strep throat.
It started with Grayson, then David, and finally me. I have been praying praying praying that Finnley doesn't catch it. She is getting her adenoids out and ear tubes put in on Thursday of this week and she won't be able to have it done if she's sick.
I am not looking forward to the surgery, but I am definitely looking forward to the results--she is constantly snotty and feeling icky. I know that the surgery is going to help a ton with that.
I thought I was going to be able to fight strep off, but woke up Saturday feeling like death. Unfortunately, our doctor (who is supposed to be open 7 days a week) was closed, so I had to wait until Sunday (Mother's Day!) to go. She gave me a shot and some meds and told me to rest.
Sunday night, after I took my meds, I started itching from head to toe and got hives on the palms of my hands. Guess I'm allergic to that medicine! UGH.
I am still not 100% today but am feeling better than I have been.
I have a meeting today that I am dreading--so I didn't have a choice but to head to work.
On top of being sick, my tooth is STILL not fixed. For the first 27 years of my life, I never had a cavity. Then, I got one. ONE. So I went to the dentist and she did a root canal.
A few weeks ago, the same tooth started aching. And it was enough of an ache that it was bothersome. I went to our new dentist . He gave me a round of antibiotics to take for the infection, and he referred me to an endodontist to have a 2nd root canal on that same tooth. 3 weeks and 2 visits later, I had a 2nd root canal done on the same tooth. That was 10 days ago, and I cannot drink anything cold without being in excruciating pain. I went back to the dentist yesterday. I am so ready for him to just pull the darn thing. He didn't. Instead, he said he didn't know what was wrong with it and put me on ANOTHER round of antibiotics. (If you are keeping count, that is 2 rounds of antibiotics for my tooth and 1for strep throat all in a month.) I go back in 2 weeks to see if these antibiotics do anything. FUN.
David's schedule is gearing up to be insane. They are short 2 managers at his job, so everyone else is is trying to jump in and cover shifts for each other.The poor guy has to work almost 12 days in a row with only 2 non-consecutive days off...and when you work midnights, that's very difficult. I am hoping that he can get over all this sickness funk and doesn't get more sick from the lack of rest he will be getting. And I know the kids miss him when they are home during the day and he is sleeping. I know I do, too. :(
I guess that's really all. I will try to write a post soon about our trip to our town's spring carnival a few weeks ago--and our trip to Gatlinburg for my birthday. We actually have had some fun the last couple weeks despite all the crap! :)
As always, thanks for checking in on us. We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment