Sunday, April 14, 2013

Life lately

I really wish that I did a better job updating this.  There are so many times throughout the day that I think, "Oh!  I need to sit down and write about this or that."  But, I just don't ever take the time to do it...or, I get too sleepy by the time the kids go to bed that I just end up falling asleep on the couch.  So, what has been up around here lately?  It seems like so much, but when I really sit and think about it, nothing has really happened.  Or maybe that's not true....a bunch of somethings have happened.  :)

The weather has just been gorgeous here lately, and I am so thankful that Spring has finally arrived here in Memphis.  I love Springtime in Memphis--but it never lasts long enough.  Last year, I think it lasted a week, or so it seemed.  This year, we are really trying to take advantage of the warm weather and spending as much time outdoors as we can.  The kids love being outside, and I love that they run off all of their energy with the neighborhood kids while all the grown-ups get a chance to talk.  This past weekend was amazing.  We spent the entire day outside on Saturday, and even ended the evening with an impromptu pizza party in our driveway!  When David and I were trying to decide where to build our house, we specifically chose the neighborhood that we did because we wanted to have that family environment.  Now that it is all actually happening, it really is a dream come true.  :) Grayson loves the fact that there is a huge crane right across the street from our house, and he will sit outside for hours watching it and playing with his big trucks.  Whenever we drive past, if the crane isn't working, he will say, "Mommy, the crane is taking a break."  100% boy, I tell ya.



 

I took Finnley for her 15-month check-up last week.  When in the heck did my baby get to be 15 months old???!!??!!??!!  Holy Moly, time is flying by way too quickly.  She has some pretty rough looking excema spots all over her, so the doctor gave us 2 prescription creams that seem to be working really well.  I am so glad because they are giant red spots all over her, and I think people must think that she has the funk or something.  She has grown so much, and currently weighs almost 25 pounds!!  She in the the 90th percentile for weight and the 95th percentile for her head....but the 25th percentile for height.  So, we have to watch her weight.  :)  She currently wears size 5 diapers, 24 month or 2T shirts and shorts (or 18 month pants).  And let me tell you, she has quite the little personality.  She is a D.I.V.A.!!!!  Just last night, she thought it would be funny to pull all the dirty clothes out of the clothes hamper and put them in the bathtub while Grayson was taking a bath.  She also threw my sandals in there.  At one point, I caught her lugging the top of the trashcan across the bathroom floor!! Oh, silly girl!!


In just a couple days, it will be 5 years since the day that I met David.  I can't believe that it's only been 5 years!!  So much has happened since that day I first laid eyes on him, and I feel like I've always had him in my life.  I already have a post written for that day...I can't wait for you all to read it.  :)


A few weeks ago, I posted about starting the Advocare 24-Day Challenge.  I did this last year, and I got some amazing results.  I was really looking forward to kick starting my diet for swimsuit season, so I decided to start again.  I did soooooo well following the plan for the first 4 days, and I was seeing immediate results.  Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon over the weekend.  :(  I am so disappointed in myself.  The biggest hurdle, though, was the fact that David wasn't doing it with me this time.  I just didn't have the willpower I thought I did.  So, I'm going to do the second half (the 14 days) and start next week.  David is going to do it with me this time, so I am hoping I can get at least a little success.  By no means am I unhappy with how I look--I think for having 3 pregnancies in 2 years, I look pretty darn good.  And, I can fit into clothes that I wore when I was dating David!  I just want to tone up a little....so, wish me luck!!

That's it for now!  As always, we love you all!  Thanks for checking in!






No comments:

Post a Comment