Grayson had a great time! Aren't they so cute?!?!
I am not much of a decorator or a cook. In fact, I don't do either well. But, I wanted to make this party really special--so I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration. We had Angus burgers, corn on the grill, pasta salad, Justin's famous squash salad, Donna's baked beans, and brownies. Yummo!
On Pinterest, I found recipies for fruit pizza, chocolate-dipped rice krispie treats, and baked potato salad:
The fruit pizza turned out so yummy! And it was super easy to make!
Some decorations to brighten up the living room.
Chocolote-dipped rice krispie treats were definitely a hit!
The plates and napkins tied together made everything so much more organized!
I made the All Citrus water and it was sooooooooo good. But, it doesn't taste very good on the 3rd day, so make sure to drink it all up when it's still fresh! :)
Unfortunately, not everything turned out like I hoped. Some things that were total bombs:
I was so excited about making this punch, but it just didn't turn out as nice as the picture. There was an ugly foam after about 30 minutes, and it really didn't have a very good flaver. I didn't want to waste everything, so a little later into the night I poured in some coconut rum. The rum really seemed to help the flavor. I'm not sure I will make this again, but, if I do, the rum is going in!
The potato salad was AWFUL! I was so excited about this recipie, and so disappointed with how it turned out. It had no flavor at all. None. :( I will not be making this again.
Overall, I was pretty pleased with everything, despite the huge disappointments it the punch and potato salad (the 2 things I was most excited about). Our next big event is our community cook-out in a couple weeks. I have already been turning to Pinterest for some fun ideas, and I can't wait to share with you how they turn out!!
We hope that all of you have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
As always, thanks for checking in! We love you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment