Again, I have slacked on keeping this updated, but it's been a VERY busy couple of last weeks.
On July 25, the families of the children in the Hope Presbyterian Church special kids small group threw David, Grayson, and I a wonderful shower. These families are some of the most amazing people that I have ever been blessed to know, and the shower just blessed David and I beyond measure..both materialistically and spiritually. The very next weekend, the families of the children that I work with at the ABA Place threw us a shower, and, again, we were blessed beyond measure. David and I have had so much fun getting the nursery completed and everything set up for our little bundle of joy to arrive...to have so many people in our life that love us as much as we have is just a great feeling. Oh, and I promise to post pictures of all the showers as soon as we get back from the hospital.
This past weekend was our last weekend before we became parents. We were both really looking forward to 2 whole days of nothing to do...until we realized how much we still had to do!!! On Friday night, we finished up shopping for all the things we needed, and then had a relaxing and delicious dinner. On Saturday, we ran lots and lots of errands, and marked lots of items off our to-do list. Then, Sunday, we visited Courtney, Brad, and baby Anderson in the hospital. Courtney and Brad welcomed their little boy on Saturday afternoon, and, he sure is a cutie!! I can't wait for Anderson and Grayson to meet!! After we visited the Sartains, we ran by the mall, and then headed down to the Med to visit one of David's co-workers. Finally, finally, finally, we came home. :) It certainly wasn't the relaxing weekend we had planned on, but we had fun just the same.
Yesterday (Tuesday) was my last day of work before maternity leave. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning, and everything was finalized for Grayson to make his appearance sometime tomorrow! Unfortunately, I am still 1.5cm dilated and 80% effaced (like I have been for 3 weeks now), so if we were waiting for Grayson to come on his own, he might decided never to make it out! :) Anyway, we will head to the hospital EARLY tomorrow morning (3:30am!), and will have him sometime later in the day, depending on how everything goes. And, YES, we WILL have him tomorrow if it's the last thing I do...he will NOT be born on Friday the 13th!! :) Anyway, my last day of work was exhausting and bittersweet...it made everything seem so real all of the sudden......
Today, I am attempting to relax as best as I can. I have not slept AT ALL the past 2 nights, and I know that I have a big day ahead of me that is just going to be exhausting. Hopefully, I will get a nap in a some point, but we shall see. David and I are going to straighten up the house one last time, then I am going to spend some time with my fabulous friend, Mary Beth. David's family will be arriving sometime this afternoon, so it will be nice to spend some time with them. :)
I can't believe that tomorrow is the big day, and I think it's finally starting to hit me that I'm going to be a mom. I know how crazy that sounds that I am just now saying that...it's just that I KNOW that in approximately 24 hours (give or take, depending on how things go), I will be holding my baby boy in my arms!!!!!!
As always, we love you all. I promise to post pictures of Grayson Emmit as soon as possible. Oh, and, if it all works out, I will be walking at my graduation on Sunday! That means, I will officially be Dr. Esther Plank Bledsoe!! AH! It's such a huge weekend in my life...I am going to enjoy it as much as I can!
1 comment:
Good luck with everything, you have alot going on.....wow. What wonderful events to happen in your lives together.
It will be so wonderful, and you will wonder how in the world you lived with out your little one. That first look that he gives you, you will never forget.
God bless you all, and can't wait to see him in your arms.
Love, Aunt Suzanne
Congratulations Dr. Esther
Post a Comment