Monday, October 12, 2009

Weddings make me sick

Literally.

I have been battling a nasty sinus infection for what feels like 3 weeks now, and it has finally got the best of me.  I am down and out.  :(  I am counting my blessings, though, because at least it happened this week, and not next week when we are on the honeymoon!!!  Still, it's no fun feeling crappy, especially when there is so much to do! And, last night, I had some weird reaction to my medicine where I didn't sleep--not one wink.  So, it looks like I will be surviving Monday on caffeine and sugar!!!

This afternoon, we have one more final walk-through at the Zoo.  David has to go into work for a meeting, so I am taking care of this one solo.  It will be my first time making decisions without David present, but I think I'm almost a pro at this wedding planning stuff, so I will be fine.  We are also going to go this morning and get our marriage license.  WOW!  I can't believe it's only 5 days away!  It's really starting to become real.

The rest of this week is just going to be spent on finalizing everything.  David took the whole week off, and, because I'm sick and there is so much to do, my amazing bosses gave me the whole week off, too!  I am so grateful to them because now I can relax a little and not be SO stressed out.  Last week was my final dress fitting and hair consultation.  They happened to be scheduled on the same day, which worked out really well because I got to see myself like I am going to look on Saturday!  I have to admit, it was pretty strange to look at myself in the mirror and see a BRIDE looking back at me...I mean, I am the girl who doesn't wear dresses!  :)  (In fact, I told David when we first started planning that I would be perfectly happy walking down the aisle in jeans and a t-shirt. HA!)  I am VERY pleased with the outcome of everything, though...Saturday is going to be so much fun!!!

I would like to ask all of you for some extra prayers this week, if you don't mind.  I can tell that David and I are at the point of being more than a little overwhelmed, and it's important that we focus on the fact that we are starting the rest of our lives together--it's not all about the wedding.  Please just pray that God will help us keep our eyes on the big picture, and let all the little things just be that: little things.

We love you all, and can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday!!!

P.S.  Here is what the inside of the lodge looks like (looking down to where our dance floor/reception area will be from the balcony where the ceremony will be taking place).  Just a little teaser for you!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment